• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trump EO Cancels Student Loan Debt for Disabled Veterans

A lot of folks are critical of the disabled until they are disabled. JustSayin
I have almost no hearing. I would never claim a service related "disability" because of that. I don't really consider it a disability. More of an inconvenience. But if you open up this program to everyone then every rear echelon mother****er with a hangnail is going to be claiming that they should have their college tuition debt forgiven.

Don't equate falling asleep on the track of an M1 Abrams during a training exercise and getting yourself run over with having your leg blown off buy a landmine.

How about a 20 yr Air Force C130 mechanic with bad knees and nerve damage......and bladder cancer a yr after retiring? Worth of the DV tag?

This will just open the door for debt forgiveness for EVERYBODY. Remember when Clinton opened the door for military vet-like benefits for Peace Corps members? The Demonrats will just use this as a spring board when they come into power (everything being cyclical) and claim "It's not fair that disabled civilians don't get equal treatment for THEIR student loans"...and down the rabbit hole we go...

There's no moral high ground, or patting of the back to be had by transfering the debt of this generation onto the backs of Americans not yet born. People feel good about giving away other people's money, that's what's wrong with America.

I have almost no hearing. I would never claim a service related "disability" because of that. I don't really consider it a disability. More of an inconvenience. But if you open up this program to everyone then every rear echelon mother****er with a hangnail is going to be claiming that they should have their college tuition debt forgiven.
I agree "almost no hearing" should not disable someone. There's a lot of hoops to jump through to get disability (unless you have a crooked Dr.) . I admire Genuine folks on it for any time at all ; the ones i know would have blown their brains out long ago if they weren't so strong.

When you loosen restrictions you get more "participants."
This system will be at least as abused as SSDI and SSI.
chart02.gif

But I have no kids and no interest in that liberal utopia that is known as HIGHer education.
About that evil demon called higher education...

If you have ever had a drink of water from your home faucet, thank higher education for giving people the knowledge to design, build, set SOP for the treatment plant. If you have ever driven across a bridge and not fallen through, thank higher education for training a P.E. to design and oversee the construction of it. If your child can read and write, thank higher education for training the teacher who taught your child. If you have ever used a cell phone, thank higher education for training the administrators who keep the company running and operating in a manner whereby you can afford to have one.

It's been my experience that most people who dismiss higher education are the same ones who would have flunked freshman year English. You know, the Tony Soprano types... "I had a semester and a half of college, so I understand Freud."

Don't equate falling asleep on the track of an M1 Abrams during a training exercise and getting yourself run over with having your leg blown off buy a landmine.
I watched a guy burn in repelling from a Black Hawk, broke his back. Screw that guy, huh, he must've fallen asleep on the way down

Back
Top Bottom