• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying NOT to sound like a glass snob BUT.....

My M77 mkii .270 has a Bushnell firefly elite on it and has since before I bought the rifle about 12 years ago. It’s never lost 0 and it’s my main hunting rifle. I’ve drug that gun through hell and back dragging deer and knocking it over on hard floor’s and sitting in pouring rain. Never a problem. I’ve kicked around the idea of a new scope but since it works so well it’s hard to want to change it out. Just my 2 cents.
Now you feel my pain, lol. The problem with my parts hoarding is my parts hoarding. This includes optics.

Since the 6.5CM doesn't really begin to shine until distances beyond 400yds., why wouldn't you put the 4-16 on the most capable of distance shooting?? That's like putting performance tires on a Prius. Up to about 300 the .270, ballistically speaking is superior to the 6.5CM. Any of the glass you listed will do great at that distance, so then it comes down to which recticle and egronomic function do you prefer (or weight which being hunting inside 200 yards in GA shouldn't be much of an issue).

I shot a rifle with a Nikon and a rifle with a Zeiss back to back a couple months ago. The Zeiss was so much nicer. Not to say the Nikon was bad overall but comparatively it was.

I'm running a Viper HS 2.5x10 on my hunting gun and love it. Of course, it is a suppressed mutt AR in 7.62x39 that has harvested a lot of deer in its time. Maybe not the best glass; but for the money works great in GA woods.

Back
Top Bottom