• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey Thread of 2015

I called in a hen to about 10 yards. She left and a couple hours later I started talking to another bird. Then a freaking hawk came in and tried to have him for lunch. He was flying about 10 feet behind the turkey all the way across the ridge. Well that was it for that bird and I left about an hour later.

I am jealous hearing all of the stories. I hunted opening weekend from sun up to sun down and never heard or saw a bird. Funny thing is two weeks before season I was seeing 10-20 every week.....now I can't even find a track. I have to work all weekend so I will be hitting it hard this week.

Set up in a lowland creek bottom. Called in a Jake ( I think, never fanned out.). Could not get a shot with the trees and and such. At least I was successful getting one to come in. That was a first for me.

20150328_144744.jpg

I am jealous hearing all of the stories. I hunted opening weekend from sun up to sun down and never heard or saw a bird. Funny thing is two weeks before season I was seeing 10-20 every week.....now I can't even find a track. I have to work all weekend so I will be hitting it hard this week.

I feel your pain...

I havent heard a thing all morning. This windy and cold air probably isnt helping. Only got about 45 minutes left till I have to leave. Sure hope something happens soon.

Back
Top Bottom