• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPS Store refused to let me ship an inforce light

I walked in to one local and just ASKED what I needed to do to ship a rifle in state. Man, you would have thought I pulled the pin out of a grenade or something! I actually got in an argument with the 40 year old idiot female that ran the place before I just realized I was the dumb one for arguing with an idiot. What really pissed me off was the way the employees all looked at me - like I had guts or something all over my shirt. It was weird!
I ended up boxing it up and just dropping it off at another store. Don't ask and don't tell is the way to go.

Rule #1... never box in the UPS!

Rule #2... you never have anything fagile or liquid

Rule #3... wrap any box in wrapping paper

just shipped out a magazine today! sent a box out the other day with Ballistic Advantage on it!

I feel partly to blame, lol. Years back I sent an old wooden crate with an ORM-D label. They evacuated the UPS center evidently........ I had a nasty voicemail waiting for me the next day when I got to work. I guess the driver didn’t see it when he picked it up.

36CC4A63-B041-40C4-B4A7-8192EB7A95E6.jpeg
59F31902-8626-4ED9-86A7-5B19F9E2C0BA.gif

I use Fedex, and have never had a problem.

I feel partly to blame, lol. Years back I sent an old wooden crate with an ORM-D label. They evacuated the UPS center evidently........ I had a nasty voicemail waiting for me the next day when I got to work. I guess the driver didn’t see it when he picked it up.

View attachment 1721884 View attachment 1721885

I use Fedex, and have never had a problem.
Hahaha!!! Seriously?!

ups store refused to let me ship a inforce light for a glock, said they can't ship any gun parts....anybody else been told this? stupid and I let them know about it....
Next time list the items as "machine parts" and put a value on it. Some of the UPS store franchise's don't want be responsible and open themselves up for more exposure and liability. They want you to go to a Corp. location. Just call it Machine Parts and all discussion is closed!

Next time list the items as "machine parts" and put a value on it. Some of the UPS store franchise's don't want be responsible and open themselves up for more exposure and liability. They want you to go to a Corp. location. Just call it Machine Parts and all discussion is closed!

Unless you value it over $500, then they may want to inspect it.

Back
Top Bottom