• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vepr Ak vs DD AR

http://www.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/2016/11/clash-titans-5-extended-range-shooting/

It is nice to see that someone else's experience with Vepr mirrors mine. I remember folks laughing on ODT when I said I could repeatedly hit a 2' metal plate at 300 yard with the Vepr. Here both rifles were tested at 100, 300 and 500 yards, with 18" silhouette. With identical accuracy results.
Eat your heart out, AR snobs :victorious:
Wait. 2'? As in 24"? As in 8 MOA at 300 yards?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rob knows what he's doing

AR fanboys always give me a hard time when they find out that my goto rifle is my m70 (preban) but then quickly shut up when I easily shoot 2.5 inch groups off hand w/ sling and they can't control their breathing enough just to hit the target.

Its not the rifle.... Its the user

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

I can ring a 24 inch plate just about all day long with Vepr. It is only a 4x24 POSP scope, so I do not even try to group. I have a 3x9x40 Nikon for the Vepr that I will put on one of these days and then try for a grouping.
At 100 yards I consistenly get 2.5" - 3" groups. I am sure the 20"barrel helps too, as I pick up extra 200fps, IIRC, over the 16.5" AKs.
My Vepr prefers pre-2012 Ulyanovsk made HP, current production Barnaul HP and Amursk/Golden Tiger FMJBT. Those 3 types have the most consistent velocities from shot to shot. Boat tail profile of the GT bullet makes a noticeable difference in longer shots; I have to split the distance between the 100 and 200 meter chevrons in POSP.

Jeddak Jeddak

From all apperances you have much more experience with the ak platform than i do. Which do you prefer for the "smaller" caliber akm 7.62 or 5.45

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom