Want a Gun-Free Zone? Tennessee Says That’s on You: LITERALLY

"In layman’s terms, any permit holder injured as a result of being stripped of their right to self defense, and their handgun, in a posted gun-free zone can file a lawsuit within two years of the event as long as they meet the following requirements:"

If the 2nd ammendment wasnt being infringed upon, this wouldn't be an issue :0(

After trying unsuccessfully to get an exemption for concealed carry in SC last year, I actually informed SLED that since they wouldn't grant it, if something happened to me in which I couldn't defend myself, I would sue the state. They looked at me like I had two heads. Perhaps it's a similar thought process that prompted this in TN. Not used to eliminate gun free zones, but used to remove liability from the state. Just a thought. Its good legislation regardless of the reasons why. (We are now reciprocal with SC)

I do not believe a person's right to self defense stops at your front door. If I know you are anti-gun like this, I would not go to your business.

Are you serious? Big Mike the Gentle Giant, and Treyvon the eighth grader, still have lawsuits pending.

You are correct, please allow me to clarify my previous statement.
YOU can't sue if YOU are dead.

e.g. You were killed instead of just injured. How does this law help you?

The bill only mentions "injured", not "killed or injured".
Also, the bill does not state or imply that family members can sue on the behalf of the recently deceased.

Back
Top Bottom