• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you guys without a fire pit do?

4FEE8362-BDB8-4585-9CB2-439E4A63A750.jpeg

A new $10 burning barrel was my Christmas present to myself.

Although I did have to swing the pick/mattock into it over a dozen times to make those big 1.5 inch diameter air holes.

My brother doesn't like to burn paper-- he says he causes too much air pollution, so he stores boxes in his basement for years!

I've also ripped up cardboard boxes by hand and put the pieces into a regular size trashcan / 33 gal trash bag.

Cooking fires are legal year round. When I lived in a neighborhood I had a yankee neighbor lady that looked like John Denver. She called 911on me twice because she hated fire I guess. Both times I was cooking over the fire and when the fire daddy’s saw it they just smiled and waved. She called about me one more time after that, The fire engine, red lights flashing, went to her house instead of mine, lol, I assume to tell her to stop calling 911.

We just fold ours and place it in the recycle bin, push it to the street on Monday, it magically disappears.

And they will be turned into new boxes.

Corrugated board is one of the most recycled materials. More than aluminum cans, for sure.

You can recycle a box about 7 times before the cellulose fibers get too short to make it over the fourdrinier screen at the paper mill. That's ok, those short fibers will be dried and turned into energy at the boiler.

Wonderfully efficient industry.

We just throw it out in the streets…. It helps keep the beauty and poshness down around us city folks. You know, we can’t be looking too good. We have to keep ourselves down in the scrubs to elevate folks above us all ….. it helps us remember our place . :dance:
Fine citizenz 4 sho 🇺🇸👍😁

Back
Top Bottom