• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you guys without a fire pit do?

And they will be turned into new boxes.

Corrugated board is one of the most recycled materials. More than aluminum cans, for sure.

You can recycle a box about 7 times before the cellulose fibers get too short to make it over the fourdrinier screen at the paper mill. That's ok, those short fibers will be dried and turned into energy at the boiler.

Wonderfully efficient industry.
Is that why the boxes all the Made in China stuff comes in seems so thin and weak? Do they only use #7 boxes :noidea:

i have a pit and a burn barrel but most cardboard and plastic go in a recycle bin now that we have one. If I was out in the country where a person wasn't forced into trash pickup service id probably burn everything...

I have 2 garbage cans and a recycle can. I tip my garbage man every year about this time. I am going to build a firepit though, it's alot more fun than breaking down boxes.

Is that why the boxes all the Made in China stuff comes in seems so thin and weak? Do they only use #7 boxes :noidea:

Yeah, box/soap pimp, why are the china boxes inferior?

China boxes are made out of rice fiber and not wood fiber. That is why the fall apart in the stores after a certain time.

Containerboard is made from cellulose fibers, mainly from pine trees. Long, strong fibers.

Not too many pine trees in China. Actually, they import a fair amount of OCC (Old Corrugated Containers) - think about the stuff the grocery stores bundle up. Then they incorporate them into their fiber stream.

I think 3 pine trees are planted for every 1 that is harvested. It's a good cash crop, just takes about 15 or so years before you can harvest and start the cycle over again.

Just completed a move. Used a bunch of Home Depot boxes. Never again. They are 100% recycled fibers and the clear 3M tape doesn't stick for love nor money. Not a tape expert but the Uhaul boxes worked great with the clear moving tape. Brown movers' tape stuck to everything.

Back
Top Bottom