• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happens to guns on ODT that have actually been shot?

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
My favorite gun is a revolver that probably had a couple of thousand rounds through it when I bought it. Course this was before the interweb and computers, and I knew the owner and knew the gun, and thought I got a deal when I bought it.

My second favorite gun is a Ruger Mark I .22 with several thousand rounds down the tube. Bought it new, one of the few that I have done that with.

Third favorite gun is a Star PD .45 ACP, with unknown rounds down range when I bought it, and a whole bunch more after I bought it.

But I never see guns like these for sail on the ODT. All of the handguns on ODT were either bought new and put in the gun safe, or the previous owner said it was never fired, or at MOST it's "LNIB" with only 50 rounds fired through it.

I don't know that I've ever purchased a handgun that I didn't immediately run 50 rounds through it.

Be that as it may, why aren't there ever any "used" guns on ODT. Are the owners like me, and don't want to sell the oldy but goldy ones?

I don't think I've ever seen a handgun ad "selling Model 10, several thousands rounds through it." People are quick to point out that the gun is 50+ plus years old, when guns were hand fitted, but apparently no one ever shoots them.

Just one of the things I'm thinking about.

Up until five years ago, I never had a handgun that I did not put hundreds, if not thousands of rounds through.

Then a serious problem arose, and I have since accumulated a few that desperately need exercise.
I plan to get started on this onerous task as soon as the weather gets warmer.

Back
Top Bottom