• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What was your very FIRST gun growing up.

Like others on here I can't remember the first popgun, bb gun, cap gun...too many years ago and they were in an endless stream.

First real firearm was a Remington 550-1. Daddy gave it to me and I swear it was longer than I was tall! Still have it and it still shoots sweet!

My Dad has a K-Mart special. M 70 plain jane with an old school Weaver 4x on it. He bought it second hand in the 70s. Not my cup of tea, but it's a nice rifle. Guess I'll try to save it for the next generation
I'm mostly a Rem 700 guy now, but I still have a place in my heart for the M-70.

Now if I'd known toy guns counted; multiple cap pistols etc. The truly great first gun was a Johney 14 that my brother bought and gave me for Xmas, had an M-14 just like him
1706747003488.png

Now the truly dangerous Guns came years later. At work we got these red thick rubber band that were about a foot long. One year I used my home gunsmithing skills and made two rifles, one for each son then about five and seven. I presented said weapons to them and my EX wife bent over to pick something up just as they got loaded hot. Two seconds later my two sons scored bullseyes on the stretched fabric of her a##. I still don't recall what happened to those rifles.

I'm mostly a Rem 700 guy now, but I still have a place in my heart for the M-70.
Yea, it's the rifleman's rifle no doubt. A legend. I just don't dig the Mauser safety. Other wise I'd probably love it. The rifle is mint. I'll have to give a real college try. He also has a A5 Sweet Sixteen, Belgian made. Beautiful wood. If I was younger, I wouldn't know any better. I've moved on from the sixteen and an A5. But it's a beautiful gun. I got to shoot it several years ago, it's nice.

Back
Top Bottom