• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What Would You Do?

You say these people on a Jury are our peers, which means me as well. If I had Jury duty, and a case like this one was on trial, sorry perp, if you lived, if not sorry to their family. Joe Blow here did something woth risking his own life over and it didnt work out him.

the one with the threat....then if it becomes both with threat, then both

That's it..so you think the bad guy doesn't do the same thing.
He comes in to do his business and the guy standing there with the open carry is the most dangerous and immediate threat to him..so he does what YOU just said he takes him out first.
Thanks for making my point.

You say these people on a Jury are our peers, which means me as well. If I had Jury duty, and a case like this one was on trial, sorry perp, if you lived, if not sorry to their family. Joe Blow here did something woth risking his own life over and it didnt work out him.

Not talkling about what you think as a juror, talking about after YOU pull that trigger and have to sit in front of a jury and hope that they think of you as a real, honest and good intentioned person as opposed to someone waiting for an opprtunity to to shoot someone.

Regular walking or hiking shorts with a loose fitting t shirt..
I wear for the carry....not carry for the wear.

And let me say this about my reply to bearpugh, I don't care how anyone on carries long as its legal but whether you like it or not you portray an image the people that see you in the restaurant are the same ones that sit in juries. I'm not criticizing open carry per se, I'm trying to make you realize your image.

In the course of invesigations over the years, the general public has made it well known to me in describing neighbors, aquaintences as well as suspects that they percieve people who carry openly as bullish, intimidating and threatening as they see no other reason for the weapon to be shown to them or anyone else going about their routine daily life.

It's all about how YOU want to be seen.

If the time comes for them to sit in judgment, just vecause they aren't sup[posed to comsider that..you can bet in their mind..I remember that guy, he's the one always scaring people by showing his gun..
I want them to see me as that nice guy who always says hello and comments the children on what how cute they are and if he had to shoot somebody, the the guy that got shot must have not left any other choice.

If you want to be the one that goes home, you have to think and plan. and most of all TRAIN your mind set as well as your muscle.
Everyone likes to get on here and give scenarios..I'll offer one.

You are in the store bank whatever, two huys come in one oulls a gun the other holds out a bag, you are genuinely afraid they will harm someone...which one do you shoot?

how are you responding to me. i made no mention of open carry.

Didn't ridicule any License holder, even though I am exempt, I have one.
A POSTERS OWN COMMENTS PORTRAY HIS IMAGE .
I'm glad you're so sure all "perps" think alike..that of course must include the ones that set deliberate ambushes for LEO's and don't really care who gets in the way.

This is part of my point as well. I know they all don't think alike, and some don't care who gets in the way. But I dont know what they are thinking, so I have to assume the worst, all I know (if I were in this siutation) is what I may need to do for me or my family to go home, same as you or any other LEO. BTW I do not want to come off as an ass or anthing towards you, I like these discussions. I think they need to be brought up.

Not talkling about what you think as a juror, talking about after YOU pull that trigger and have to sit in front of a jury and hope that they think of you as a real, honest and good intentioned person as opposed to someone waiting for an opprtunity to to shoot someone.

Well one would think that a jury would side with one not breaking the law and not commiting a felony with a weapon. I have never been arrested, and I have pass the "test" to be able to carry leagaly. Have you any examples of these types of trials?

Guys, I'm not tryin to debate open carry..I'm trying get you to think about your public images here and get you realize the jeopardy you place yourselves as well as others by inticing a bad guy to start shooting when he sees you as a threat and maybe if he didn't see it he would have just taken the money and ran.
If you cant see that, then like I said to begin with, its a total waste of time to try and give you the benefit our training and experience.. you already know what it took me 30 years to learn.

Back
Top Bottom