What's considered a good grouping at 7 yards rapid fire?

You know Mikey, I.always figured u were a wheel gun nut... I would have never thought you'd be as into gssf as you.are. Made up my mind, keeping.my 60 pro series, ditching the kimber, getting a glock and getting in gssf. Looks like so.much fun.

You know Mikey, I.always figured u were a wheel gun nut... I would have never thought you'd be as into gssf as you.are. Made up my mind, keeping.my 60 pro series, ditching the kimber, getting a glock and getting in gssf. Looks like so.much fun.

Ahh, LABELS can be so...so...so LIMITING...but I guess my "First Love" IS S&W Revolvers--and keeping that Model 60 is a GOOD Idea, it can TEACH you a LOT, if you'll let it--but GSSF IS a "Ton of Fun", too, and after all, that's what it's all about, right?!?!... :) ....mikey357

Last edited:
I agree you need strong understanding of the fundamentals before shooting fast. I respectfully disagree with BOZ (if this is what's he's suggesting) that you should spend a ton of time on slow accuracy shooting it that's not your goal. I learned that if you learn slow accurate you have to relearn fast accurate. If you learn fast accurate, slow accurate is easy. Just how I learned surely not the only way.

I've run probably hundreds of new shooters that think the ballistic masturbation technique is the way to start..........until they see their scores. A new shooter NEEDS to shoot as fast as he or she can see the front sight lift at the shot. That may be slow or fast, either way accuracy is first, speed will come. Grabbing a gun and pulling the trigger as fast as you can is simply a waste of time. The only exception to this is what we call "Bill drills" which is firing 6-8 rounds at the berm while you focus on the front sight. The idea being that you're eyes will get tired of blinking and you WILL actually see the front sight lift from the slot. At that point you will understand the idea. That along with proper mechanics will make you a better shooter.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, LABELS can be so...so...so LIMITING...but I guess my "First Love" IS S&W Revolvers--and keeping that Model 60 is a GOOD Idea, it can TEACH you a LOT, if you'll let it--but GSSF IS a "Ton of Fun", too, and after all, that's what it's all about, right?!?!... :) ....mikey357

Yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogVVanL6pww

This video is a great example of when to shoot fast and when not to. This match demanded a very high degree of accuracy with the exception of stage 3 or 4 where you'll see 8 shots in row that were bad breath distance. Pretty much the rest of the match had partial, long, or small targets.
You just had to put up Ga State that I got a trip to Dairy Queen from ...

AND you got my big arse in the video ... damn you

Last edited:
I like were this is going, Im going to have to time myself next time and give you a report.
but on a slightly related topic have any of you trained un aimed shots. I ran about 40rds un aimed through one of my 1911´s recently and was surprised at the accuracy, I found that one handed semi relaxed all but 2 rounds were on center mass and with both hands in my usual firing position but not utilizing sights only focusing on target with both eyes open I could put all rounds in center mass or even head. the distance was around 15-20 feet

I'm not too sure that I would DISAGREE w/BOZ...He's a Master-Class USPSA shooter, so he knows a lil' bit about "Running" a gun MUCHO FAST...In addition, one of the BEST "Offhand Group Shooters" I have EVER seen is Dave Sevigny, late of "Team Glock"...and HE can certainly "Hose" with the BEST of 'em...Ya' gots' ta' be able to MAKE THE HITS before you can make the hits FAST...FWIW....mikey357

Just because you don't know me you're sure I'm not better? (I'm not saying that I am or I'm not and I'm not trying to call anyone out) If I was better would it make his opinion invalid? It wouldn't in my eyes, because outside of the fundamentals there are many ways to skin a cat. I've run into many very good shooters with different training philosophies and try to understand and embrace them all. There was I time the best shooters in the world shot strong had weaver. That didn't d that make it right?

Back
Top Bottom