• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's everyones fascination with shooting at 1000+yards?

That's incredible man. I'm gonna take the course for sure, possibly next year. I'd like to bring some milsurps out to shoot. I'm glad to hear you'll welcome them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

We welcome anything that ain't gonna punch holes in the steel or set the range on fire! Yes.......we've done both.

.... a range in Milton TN.... ran a Loaded model Springfield M1A to 1,450yds.....had to put the tip of the front sight in the upper part of the aperture...and held on the top edge of the target....between 15"-18" in diameter. I'd have to dig up an old databook to get an exact size.

Yep. Up around Lascassas Tn. Crows @ 400 / 5gal paint can tops @ 1M, but we cheated and used Unertl 10x's and 300win mag.

I like to hear what these guys are doing and experimenting with. Always a worthy video to watch. This is somewhat related to the discussion here, and I think worth watching.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I don't mind real shooters challenging themselves to shoot 1000 yards, just as a sport.
It's like why climb that remarkably-tall mountain? Because it's there!

But, that being said, there are way more people that TALK A GOOD GAME than can actually perform any real rifle markmanship at a distance, even at 500 yards. This is the internet, after all, and it tends to become a place where hope and myth and fanciful expectation becomes "the new normal" to talk about.

Is 1000 yards really what long range shooters are doing these days? I thought it was 2000 yards, and if your gun won't give you a group under 1.5" (not MOA, but actual inches across!) at a mile, you need to buy better gear.

Back
Top Bottom