• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's everyones fascination with shooting at 1000+yards?

Chief is a great guy. Some don't like his crusty demeanor. Just be very aware of gun safety, follow his few rules. If some one else is there and they piss him off, batten down the hatches and let the storm pass. You'll be fine. He will hang out some times and offer pointers or just shoot the breeze. Lots of great stories.

This 100%. I've gone there when no one else was there and he just gave me the keys and told me to lock the gate when I left.

I took my son when he was about 10 and was shooting a Chipmunk .22, and Chief got down on the mat with him and gave him tips while they shot together.

This 100%. I've gone there when no one else was there and he just gave me the keys and told me to lock the gate when I left.

I took my son when he was about 10 and was shooting a Chipmunk .22, and Chief got down on the mat with him and gave him tips while they shot together.
My experience as well. Get past his hard exterior, and he is a softy and loves to teach new shooters.

Oh wait I know......

People watch too many movies. The odds of ever taking a shoot over three hundred yards for anyone is pretty slim and yes I have made 1000 yard shots with iron sights on a machine gun in training but never have I made or attempted a 1000+ yard shot in a real world situation. Why? because it is a waste of ammo. Wait until the target gets closer. And If you are attempting 1000+ yard shots on game/wildlife you are an asshole who is going to wound or injure game.

My rant for today.
Lol

Apparently in the last five years of getting a little older I have decided I couldn't care less about what the people of this world do. If you want to shoot for the moon go for it since It affects me none at all.

Edited for bad grammar.

Apparently in the last five years of getting a little older I have decided I could care less about what the people of this world do. If you want to shoot for the moon go for it since It affects me none at all.

So you're saying you still care?

Back
Top Bottom