• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the weirdest covid side effect you've had?

The wife, son, and I had it. Tomorrow is my first day back to work. I was instructed by the Doc to take 5 days isolation time, but my employer said 10. I feel like I've been doing time. I'm ready to go back.

My wife had very little sense of smell and taste before covid. Now she has none according to her. I lost smell and still don't have it. My sense of taste is off too. I can taste some foods, but not like my normal way before covid.

I had the weirdest weakness. It was just a real run down feeling. It was weird in that it was on my right side of my body. I thought maybe I had a mild stroke or had a clot or something. Headaches (which are extremely rare for me) were pretty common. Sleep was all over the place. All day, all night etc. It was weird. Just overall a strange thing for me.

Tinnitus has been horrible. It lasted for 6 months and went away and has came back. My dad just got covid and same thing happened to him. His ears having ringing nonstop for the past 4 weeks.

Tinnitus has been horrible. It lasted for 6 months and went away and has came back. My dad just got covid and same thing happened to him. His ears having ringing nonstop for the past 4 weeks.
I went to the ENT with mine. I've had ringing for years from exposure to airplanes, guns ,guitars and such but it definitely got worse with covid. He gave me Lipoflavinoids to take and I've been on them for about 2 month's now but I haven't noticed any improvement yet. He said it should help but eventually your brain will learn to block it out.....We'll see.

I had it in late Oct. to early Nov. Of 2020. It hung around for a good month.

All the usual symptom then. Months later Vertigo had me homebound for months. Then stopped for 3 weeks and hammered me again for a few months. Inner ear infections. Nausea, hot flashes, dizzyness.

Im still dizzy at times.

My birthday is in July. Didnt even get my tag till late Nov. cause I couldnt drive. My business tanked and my savings is about gone now.
Now my Mom is in bad health and I couldn't work if I had work to do ;(

To be honest ,this crap has changed my life like nothing before !

Lost taste and smell, and now y’all say it, I notice the ringing in my ears more.. some days I can’t tell it is ringing sometimes it’s worse.. right no it’s pretty loud.. I just assumed it was a blood pressure.. but now y’all got me paranoid.. lol..
peanut butter does not taste the same anymore it’s got a completely different taste.. have that funky taste in my mouth.. metallic I guess.. matter of fact that is how peanut butter taste

I went to the ENT with mine. I've had ringing for years from exposure to airplanes, guns ,guitars and such but it definitely got worse with covid. He gave me Lipoflavinoids to take and I've been on them for about 2 month's now but I haven't noticed any improvement yet. He said it should help but eventually your brain will learn to block it out.....We'll see.

I've had tinnitus for almost 40 years, started when I was in my 20s, I don't even notice it anymore.

Weirdest thing. Post covid I have lost weight, increased muscle mass, my groups have tightened to impressive submoa, I can see better at night, I don't need ibuprofen daily and women just can't get enough. Simply amazing. Kidding of course. Only thing I've noticed is I can no longer stomach the taste of my Diet Dr Peppers. Taste awful to me now. Which sucks. Because diet dr p was my jam. Sadness.

Back
Top Bottom