• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which would you have if you could only have one?

Which would you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't do the old grip safety and hammer sper. I get hammer bite. I actually have a scar on my hand from a RIA GI that would bite the hell outta my hand. Not only that but I'm not carrying a FS 1911 anyway. So, 3" Kimber Ultra TLE for ME!

I carry a kimber custom 2 and I run hollow points through it without any issues with the mags that came with it . Glocks cant run unjacketed ammo originally the mags did not fall free and the older frames are known to crack all guns have thier short comings

Wow. You got a gem. I was responding to a test done in 1910. Since then only a dishonest fool would say the design has improved. Yet all the things you mention about Glocks have been fixed. Except for running lead which the ridiculously expensive H&K can not do either.

Carry on with your bad self.

I carry a kimber custom 2 and I run hollow points through it without any issues with the mags that came with it . Glocks cant run unjacketed ammo originally the mags did not fall free and the older frames are known to crack all guns have thier short comings

BTW - If you want to take a class together that runs , say, 1k-2k in a weekend, I'll shoot my 98% lead reloads through my 19 and we'll see who is the first to have ANY issue.

BTW - If you want to take a class together that runs , say, 1k-2k in a weekend, I'll shoot my 98% lead reloads through my 19 and we'll see who is the first to have ANY issue.

Just don't run a polygonal barrel, and you'll be fine.
That said, keep your gun clean, and you'll be fine too!

Thats awesome. So what has happened to the design since then. Wait, I need the right mags, polish the feed ramp, NO HOLLOW POINTS!!!!! Etc.
I have several from 3 different manufactures and mine all run like they are supposed to. All my mags work and they all feed hollow points.

I'd love to take that challenge but the distance between us and my schedule will probably not allow that to happen. I own both Glock's and 1911's, in fact the Glock 19 is one of my all time favorites but it is no more reliable than my 1911's. I shoot every weekend and my shooting buddy runs Glock 17's (with lead reloads and a LoneWolf barrel)while I run my Les Baer 1911 and I will say both run as they should. I have witnessed my share of malfunctions with Glocks at my range so I don't see them being more reliable. I enjoy both platforms and both have their own problems and short comings but to say the Glock is more reliable is being unfair. Some Glock's are more reliable than some 1911's and vice versa. :thumb:

Glock has the hype right now

I remmeber in the 90's is was ninja ninja and any bike you was on people asked " hey is that a ninja"?
Then later it became "Hey is that a gixxer"?

It will fade one day and something else will take glocks place...

- - - Updated - - -

So you walk around with unloaded glock too?

soooo true, well said, glocks are really hot for now

I prefer the NDF Glock mags. Glock did not start making DF mags until IDPA shooters complained about not being able to drop half loaded mags. All of my ND mags drop just fine, if they are empty. If they have ammo left, I do not want them to drop free.
As far as not being able to run soft-lead ammo, same with HKs, Baby Eagle, Sphinx, and a few other pistols I cannot think of at the moment. Hard cast lead works in factory Glock barrels fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom