• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which would you have if you could only have one?

Which would you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1911. In fact, during a 6,000 round test fired over two days in 1910 that was personally supervised by John M. Browning, his sample pistol became so hot that it was simply dunked in a pail of water to cool it for further firing. Browning’s sample reportedly passed the test with no malfunctions.

1911. In fact, during a 6,000 round test fired over two days in 1910 that was personally supervised by John M. Browning, his sample pistol became so hot that it was simply dunked in a pail of water to cool it for further firing. Browning’s sample reportedly passed the test with no malfunctions.

Thats awesome. So what has happened to the design since then. Wait, I need the right mags, polish the feed ramp, NO HOLLOW POINTS!!!!! Etc.

Thats awesome. So what has happened to the design since then. Wait, I need the right mags, polish the feed ramp, NO HOLLOW POINTS!!!!! Etc.

People can't leave well enough alone.

Notice how its almost never the people with a GI type 1911 that have problems.
Its usually someone with all this "upgraded" stuff that run into problems.

My Colt repro has no problems feeding, extracting, or any other reliability issues with ball or HP. And I use mostly the plain old Colt 7 rounders w/ welded bottom.
And no, it doesn't rattle either.

I carry a kimber custom 2 and I run hollow points through it without any issues with the mags that came with it . Glocks cant run unjacketed ammo originally the mags did not fall free and the older frames are known to crack all guns have thier short comings

Back
Top Bottom