• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who would be interested in ODT weight loss competition

About a year and a half ago I weighed 286 and cut out all sugar and got down to 247. Now like complete dumbass I'm back up to 275. So now I've got to cut down on portions and try to get some exercise somehow. A lot rides on how much it is to get in the competition because I know I won't win my fighting weight is about 215.

Since probably June of 2023, I started a new program. It’s a combination of cutting out carbs, intermittent fasting and mourning. The first two things really work. The third thing makes the first two easier.

At 195 from 265 and staying there. I can say additional weight takes a good bit of joint pain with it when it leaves.

I drink a Raw Reds supplement every morning with black coffee, a fasting drink at around 11 or so, I can eat between 4pm and 8pm. I drink only water unless I just really want something else. If I get hungry again later, I’ll drink another fasting drink.

It really only sucks for a week or two… with results comes the motivation to keep going. Then it becomes completely normal and eating food at lunchtime becomes kinda odd feeling.

About a year and a half ago I weighed 286 and cut out all sugar and got down to 247. Now like complete dumbass I'm back up to 275. So now I've got to cut down on portions and try to get some exercise somehow. A lot rides on how much it is to get in the competition because I know I won't win my fighting weight is about 215.
I am right there with ya !
I have had a good bit of damage to my spine, legs & hips from the time I was born all the way into adulthood. I can’t seem to keep from screwing myself up in one way or another ! lol
Of course, along with that I tend to eat crap and am not in the greatest of shape ( I am a fatass) so that seems to help pile on the pain and all.
One thing I am great about though, is bitching and moaning about my problems! I learned how to do that rather well - lol .
Seriously though, I try to keep going the best I can and continue on the path of destruction and all.
“ You just have to keep on keeping on “. That seems to be a favorite phrase from many , including myself and the wife !
Good luck , I really do wish you well and hope that you and me both find the future a lot easier and less painful !

I am right there with ya !
I have had a good bit of damage to my spine, legs & hips from the time I was born all the way into adulthood. I can’t seem to keep from screwing myself up in one way or another ! lol
Of course, along with that I tend to eat crap and am not in the greatest of shape ( I am a fatass) so that seems to help pile on the pain and all.
One thing I am great about though, is bitching and moaning about my problems! I learned how to do that rather well - lol .
Seriously though, I try to keep going the best I can and continue on the path of destruction and all.
“ You just have to keep on keeping on “. That seems to be a favorite phrase from many , including myself and the wife !
Good luck , I really do wish you well and hope that you and me both find the future a lot easier and less painful !
I am right there with ya with spine, hip and knee problems. Really restricts movement for extended periods time. I eat good healthy food and very little crap food but portion control is the problem. It would be if I could get out and move around a good bit.

PpI am right there with ya !

I think most of us could/should drop a few pounds. As for me? About 40 would do. I have no desire to compete, but I’ll damn sure support….I weighed 223 on Jan 1st.

For you guys that have already dropped a few, congratulations! Keep up the good work, and continue to share your secrets!

Back
Top Bottom