• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why does everyone want PMAGS? They suck!!!

duffman

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
18   1
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone wants’ PMAGS so bad.Having been deployed a few times I bought a few of these plastic wonder mags onmy last deployment and I was not impressed. When you are deployed and conductdaily combat patrols your magazines stay loaded at all times. Yes you have toempty your mags once a week and clean your ammo (if you have not fired all ofit) and conduct magazine maintenance. The problem with a PMAG is after it hasstayed loaded for a prolonged period the feed lips start to give out and thenyour bullets can fall out of the mag while it is in your mag pouch. After twomonths I threw away my PMAGS and pulled out my good old USGI issued Colt andOkay industries mags. They never failed and never wore out. Have fun with the$40 plastic wonder mags

Only mags I've ever ran that have been 100%. I have never owned any metal mag except for one that had a dual spring follower that was perfect.

That's why they all come with the dust covers bud. Honda makes fantastic cars but you can't say they suck because you don't do what's needed to make sure they run efficiently

I've had usgi mags bend out. I've only used pmags a couple times. I liked the heckler and Koch mags the most. They just cost too much. I had a few loaded for quite a long time. Fired them and it never hiccuped.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why they all come with the dust covers bud. Honda makes fantastic cars but you can't say they suck because you don't do what's needed to make sure they run efficiently

I would think in a combat situation you wouldn't use them. Takes too much time to pop those covers off.

You can't keep the dust covers on in combat. Nothing worse than going to reload and in the heat of the moment forget the lil dust cover is on. Just won't fit. And you never know when haji is going to come so you have to be ready all the time.

Back
Top Bottom