• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why does everyone want PMAGS? They suck!!!

war time operations are different than range time operations. Pmags were never cleared for war time use, yet many units use them.

I've have a ton of USGI mags, replaced the followers and they run smooth. I did have a older green follower dip on me on the range, double fed the crap out of some rounds. New magpul anti tilt followers and they are awesome.

I've gotten some interesting views since starting this thread. I'm sure some of you are quite pleased with your PMAGS and I'll admit they look cool in an AR. I can say with certainty they don't have the ruggedness of a Colt mag when it comes to daily abuse. It just blows mt mind how much everyone is paying for PMAGS when if there ever comes a time when you need them most they might fail you.

maybe some dudes rollin round here with a black follower colt mag who doesnt know better and will do them wrong too. nothing is guaranteed in life

I've never had an ak mag have a problem with bent feed lips. Just throwing that into the pot. Yep I'll just leave that right here ;)

Oh no you didnt!! :p

Also, a product can't be said to suck just because it can't apply to your situation :lol: yeah they probably have their issues in the way you need em, but it doesn't make it a bad product. Gonna go back to vehicles. If I need a truck that can pull trailers and equipment, most cars can't handle that, but I can't say cars suck, they just don't work in that particular application.

And yes..NO PMAG IS WORTH $40!! That's just silly

Back
Top Bottom