• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is everyone screaming to reopen everything? a little bit of a rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent point, but that is more geared towards individuals personal finances. This shutdown is causing successful businesses who can't function or that aren't allowed to be open to lose it all. You can be debt free and dump you life savings in to a business that your employees depend on, and then the government takes it all away. Those business bills keep adding up if you're trying to keep your employees afloat, pay the building lease, equipment, insurance, etc. Neither responsible nor irresponsible Americans should have to suffer because of a government forced lockdown.
Point taken. Do you think if the employees prepared individually their employers may feel less of a burden to keep them "afloat"? I know also that most business models are run on a cash in basis but there are other models that allow for profit investment into other areas for down markets rather than expansion. This whole incident shows that financial thinking as a collective (government and private sector) is a paycheck to paycheck dilemma and cash flow only businesses. Maybe after this thinking will change. The thing that gets me is politicians still getting their full salaries. Imagine their personal money management(if anything like their government management(look at the debt). They would have already "opened" things back up if they weren't getting paid. This "crisis" has them power drunk. Hope sobriety is forced upon them painfully.....

Start cranking the economy back up. Those that need or want to work should be allowed to do so. Business operations are going to have to adjust to the reality of Covid-19. Those that feel they need to exercise caution should do so, without anyone making them feel like %$#@. I'm over 60, obese, have high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes.

My wife and I'll take our time getting back to normal. She can work from home we're good to go.

Stop making people feel like crap for the decision they make for their family and well being. Whether it's shelter or go out, just do it and shut up about it.
Quoted for common sense since it's so rare.
If everyone felt this way how much better off this country would be. Instead we have some shrieking that if you aren't locked in an interior hermetically sealed closet in your home you're trying to kill them and their families.

They need to come off with a hella lot more. 2 trillion is just the last stimulus pkg. and that stuff is spent already. There was 85 billion before that and they are talking another 6-10 T for the next one.
Need to think $20T i would estimate. That might put us even.

Yep! And there's not an amount we can place on the ones which didn't make it!

Quoted for common sense since it's so rare.
If everyone felt this way how much better off this country would be. Instead we have some shrieking that if you aren't locked in an interior hermetically sealed closet in your home you're trying to kill them and their families.

Before this and now, there's always been a chance of getting hit by a bus, or getting the flu! Using good personal hygiene and precautions will protect us! It has amazed me at the people I see while I'm in the grocery store, face mask. Gloves and wrapped up titely in clothing. SMH. I bet these folks didn't even get a flu shot! I saw a guy yesterday in a full face motorcycle helmet while shopping.

So I’ve been going to work for years, from 7am till 6pm, Mon to Fri, paying taxes, then paying even more taxes, then this Virus comes, then I don't get a check from the government, instead the government is giving money to people who worked less than me or didn't work at all, they will also make sure the banks get profits, the rich will get richer, and then I should be worried about the economy tanking? Play stupid games, win stupid prices! Not my fault! Let it sink! Before it gets better, it has to get worse, no way around it!
Well, at least thats how I feel!

Before this and now, there's always been a chance of getting hit by a bus, or getting the flu! Using good personal hygiene and precautions will protect us! It has amazed me at the people I see while I'm in the grocery store, face mask. Gloves and wrapped up titely in clothing. SMH. I bet these folks didn't even get a flu shot! I saw a guy yesterday in a full face motorcycle helmet while shopping.
And that guy probably :
1 rides a Harley in a tank top, shots and flip flops and a "skid lid"
or
2 rides a Ninja in the same get up but with a full face helmet

Small businesses are what makes our country. Bill Gates started in his garage. Home depot was on the verge of bankruptcy the first 5 years of existence. Chick filet and so on and so on.

There are many of these companies in the making that people have worked 18 hours a day for many years to become successful. Not all small businesses become big , but they provide a living for the ones who start them as well as the people who work there.

Anyone remember the prices of stuff in the building industry before and after the crash in 2008. There is a reason Wall Street doesn't want to start back up. They will be there when it's over and their competition will be gone!!

Prices WILL rise and only the smart or lucky will be able to make even a modest lifestyle.

If you open your restaurant or the business of your choice, to early and they won't come and you will be screwed also. If left up to the people, we can decide if we are willing to do it or not. Informed and advised, out country is built on hard work, failure and hopefully, eventually, success. Its about time we can make the decision for ourselves.

Around 50% of Americans couldn't come up with $2000.00 dollars let alone 3/6 months of income. That might be different if our a**holes weren't the size of coke cans from overpayment of taxes for the last 75 years. Cheers

I am hoping Trump would stop all the gifts to other countries like Israel and reduce my taxes.

It would take an all at once approach to rid of them. Bathhouse Barry didn't help when he hired 1400 new agents before exiting office. See how it all plays out

I am enjoying the hell out of being furloughed from my job:
~ If anyone gives me or my family the virus I have a leather boot for you!
~ Killed my 1st Georgia turkey
~ having a blast fishing
~ my financial house is built on freaking bedrock
~ don't want or need to Govs money
~ built several ARs
~ Having a bunch of laughs at idiots
~ OMG the beer and whiskey I have tried, my taste buds are screaming.
~ Other stuff that I'll not share

So why are you pissed off?

~ Feel your rights are being taken away? I kinda of get that one
~ you are broke and need to get back to work? you are a freaking idiot if you had good income, 3 to 6 months of living experiences should be on hand at all times!
~ your bored! Cry me a friggin river
~ WHAT?
Weren't you here under another name? Asking for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom