• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

You get what you pay for...

StateLine

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
24   0
Reaction score
There was an individual in NC who was offering slide Cerakoting for $17. Yes, you read that right. Seventeen dollars. He was a member of a Facebook gun group that I frequent. I am also a member of a Cerakote professional applicators group on Facebook. Needless to say, we were incredibly skeptical about this individual.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and the disasters are starting to roll in. Here is one I received from one of his many disgruntled customers. As you can see, there was NO prep work done, he simply painted right over the factory finish. You could literally scrape the coating off with a fingernail. He also managed to mangle the rear sight. As far as I know, he is no longer in operation.

cerakotefail.jpg
cheaper.jpg

There was an individual in NC who was offering slide Cerakoting for $17. Yes, you read that right. Seventeen dollars. He was a member of a Facebook gun group that I frequent. I am also a member of a Cerakote professional applicators group on Facebook. Needless to say, we were incredibly skeptical about this individual.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and the disasters are starting to roll in. Here is one I received from one of his many disgruntled customers. As you can see, there was NO prep work done, he simply painted right over the factory finish. You could literally scrape the coating off with a fingernail. He also managed to mangle the rear sight. As far as I know, he is no longer in operation.

View attachment 496449 View attachment 496450

I like that "worn" look. I bet he charged extra for dat!

View attachment 496449 View attachment 496450
Well, I don't believe it's a Smith & Wesson, so it looks good to me.

Back
Top Bottom