• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

You have $1200 to spend....

this. Or get a stainless barrel, that might be better for you. That or melonite, supposed to give you non chromed line consistency with chrome lined like protection.

If you only shoot bench rest: no.

If you shoot ANYTHING besides bench rest, ever: yes.

this. Or get a stainless barrel, that might be better for you. That or melonite, supposed to give you non chromed line consistency with chrome lined like protection.

What does a chrome-lined barrel get you - an extra 10k rounds? So you're extending the life of the barrel by 20% (assuming that you can get 50k out of a non-CL, non-stainless, non-melonite, chrome-moly barrel. On surpus arms and ammo, they are selling a non-CL M4 barrel for $99. If the CL barrel costs more than $120, it's not worth it. Plus, the loss in accuracy.

(my life-expectancy of barrels may be wrong)

Id say the loss in accuracy is non-existant, because for me it is. Im just not that good to notice. If I shot BR all day yeah I would probably notice haha.

So for me, the benefits outweight the drawbacks (none) and additional cost (usually pretty minimal). Dont forget corrosion and cleaning also.

barrels ar life is 20k, they wont magically explode at 20k thats their mean life expectancy for accuracy. It is worth it if its only 20$ it is a coating that prevents corrosion and makes clean up easier as well extending barrel life

So chrome lined?

Ha! Just kidding, sounds like they probably sell better, but if one keeps his stuff meticulous, there will not be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom