• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You will never see in my collection these firearms

QC on the build of a factory rifle is moot for a good many of us. Does it really matter how exact the barrel nut and/or castle nut was torqued at the factory when as soon as we get it home, we are going to yank it all apart and put a free float rail and an ace stock on it? I am one AR short of a dozen in my current collection. I can't even guess how many times each of them (including any "factory" build) has been torn down and rebuilt.

For some reason, there are people who drill out the gas hole in the barrel. Not me, man...but I've seen it done. I'm guessing this was done to the DTI barrel previously mentioned? I've never seen a giant gas hole in a DTI barrel. I only own the one...but I've bought/sold/traded/built/rebuilt/helped others with quite a few of them.

QC on the build of a factory rifle is moot for a good many of us. Does it really matter how exact the barrel nut and/or castle nut was torqued at the factory when as soon as we get it home, we are going to yank it all apart and put a free float rail and an ace stock on it? I am one AR short of a dozen in my current collection. I can't even guess how many times each of them (including any "factory" build) has been torn down and rebuilt.

For some reason, there are people who drill out the gas hole in the barrel. Not me, man...but I've seen it done. I'm guessing this was done to the DTI barrel previously mentioned? I've never seen a giant gas hole in a DTI barrel. I only own the one...but I've bought/sold/traded/built/rebuilt/helped others with quite a few of them.

QC starts way before the gun is assembled.

QC starts way before the gun is assembled.

tolerances and stuff ..yeah yeah I know. Still...never ran across much out of speck and so far nothing that couldn't easily be fixed. I have certainly never ran across anything that sent me scurrying to spend double or triple for some fru fru designer brand.

The SL8 is badass even in it's original configuration. I had one back in 2003. Shot circles around my 700. WHat an awesome rifle. My only real critique was the smallish thumbhole.

What I find amusing about this whole thread is---- the person laying on the ground isn't going to give a **** what shot him and how cheap it really was....

What I find amusing about this whole thread is---- the person laying on the ground isn't going to give a **** what shot him and how cheap it really was....

Unless it's you because your "just as good as" AR really wasn't and decided to crap out on you at the wrong time.

Back
Top Bottom