• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Sounds Like Bull**** (but is true) Hunting Story

doing the lords work there brother
I’m just thankful I was there,don’t think he would have made it another day or so,he was whipped.he wasn’t but about 700 yards from his home,he had crossed rd from his house and they had put all effort behind his house.
Back then I think you had to be missing 72 hours before law enforcement would get involved with much effort.

Sitting on a high knoll in Kansas one morning...on the ground...in a foot of snow.
Blizzard conditions...almost a whiteout.
Wind howling. Thought I heard something behind me. Slowly turned my head and saw a big deer walking straight towards me...it was about 20 yards away.
I froze...quit breathing I think lol.
Out of the corner of my eye it came closer. 10 yards, 5 yards!
I still can’t see its head without moving.
It passes behind me about 3 feet away and as it head passes I see it’s a doe.
I relax...reached out and touched it. It trotted a few feet away and looked back at me.
I was talking to it lol...enjoying the moment. Then I noticed the collar on it with a gps tracker.
Got a good laugh and somehow avoided cardiac arrest lol.
I think I have a picture of her somewhere...about 10 feet away.

One time I was rattlin some horns while standing in a big hollow tree and a squirrel jumped on the horns.

One time I was setting on a fenceline when 12 deer came over the fence . I shot one. It freaked all the others out and they didnt know what was going on. I shot 3 more. I looked up the hill and a massive buck was lookin at me with 3 does beside him.

About 12 years ago was going hunting after work which usually put me there about 830 am and while riding my four wheeler in I started down a long hill on trail that crossed a creek and had a good buck cross about 100 yds at creek. When I got close to creek I stopped and was looking to see if I by chance could see him and he was standing about 25 yds in some thick stuff. I had stood up before I stopped and left 4 wheeler running. I reach down got my bow eased and arrow out , my release was in my pack so I decided to shoot fingers and shot from the four wheeler. The shot was great and he only went about 50 yrds. To this day I still can’t believe he stood there although I think he thought he was hid. Was a 9 pt and is on my wall.

Deer hunt in November, 1998 Maybe, week before Thanksgiving - No Deer - entire line of turkeys begin to strut slowly about 20 yards in front of deer stand, .30-30 wielding Teenaged Me had the restraint to not poach turkey, although....I thought about it.

I was hunting in 2005. I was a senior in highschool, 17. I was hunting in monroe county on my buddy's 250 acre horse farm. I was hunting a big box blind facing a creek bottom with a cattle field to my back. It was december and freezing. Like one of those 1-2x a year where Ga gets in the teens. It was 6 am and pitch black out. I remember specifically stepping around these brush piles on the small trail all around the box blind. I climb up into the stand and wait. As soon as the sun comes up I look down and the brush piles were a bunch of does bedding down together. I watched them for 10 mins as they got up, stretched, ate, and slowly walked off. My mind was blown. I didnt shoot any does that day. I felt like it was too personal after seeing how close I got to them.

Turkey hunting with my buddy in thomaston. Had a hen come sprinting over the hill. Ran right to us, pecked my barrel, and then ran back. Happened maybe in under an minute...lol.

I was bow hunting about 10 years ago and walked way back in the woods. About 30 minutes beforeit it was to dark to see I decided to get down and walk out so I could have a beer. I started lowering my bow and deer came running in about 30 yards away. I started pulling my bow back up and left the string tied to my bow. I leaned over to take a shot and apparently my grunt call fell in front of my string. When I shot I almost killed myself. The arrow went God knows where something cut my arm and the grunt call flew off my neck. Luckily it was crap string.i had a hell of a rope burn.. It was a crazy story and a good lesson on not being a dumb A

I grew up on a farm in south Georgia but my dad had little interest in hunting so I was left to explore and learn to hunt on my own. As an 18 and 19 year old, I would go deer hunting with my girlfriend's father but never had occasion to shoot one. I had no time to hunt while in the military and when I discharged and moved home, I mainly fished and bird hunted.

Fast forward to January 2002, I went to visit a friend in Wilcox county. With only a couple of days left in the season, he gave me "good ole boy" directions to a stand on a relative's property. I drove the the property, parked, walked several hundred yards to the opposite edge of the field and began counting rows of planted pines as instructed. On the 11th row, I began walking the 50 yds in as instructed. 30 minutes pass, then 45 minutes and I still hadn't found said tree stand. I walked back out to the edge of the pines, began pealing off my thermals and found a log to sit on and cool off. I remember just saying to myself, "fxxx it."

Less than a minute went by and I look up and there are 3 deer walking across the field, straight towards me. In what felt like 5 minutes, I slowly reached for my gun, raised it, picked the largest of the 3, a doe, and took the shot just before they walked into the pines. She ran about 10 yds and dropped.

I cycled the bolt, clambering another round in case I had opportunity for a shot on one of the other two. Apparently, the other two had dashed off a little ways into the pines, stopped and was looking for the third, or maybe looking for the source of the gunfire. After cycling the bolt, I heard a loud thud. One of the other doe, had taken off and hit a pine tree hard enough that it dazed her. She stumbled long enough for me to get a shot off.

Having hunted for years and never shooting a deer, I shot two on the same day. That's my first deer kill story. True, even if it sounds like bull$###.

A few years ago I killed a doe late morning -

I went ahead and skinned her out and quartered the meat.

By the time I finished up a late lunch afterwards, it was time to head to the stand for the evening hunt - I had worn the same clothes all day.

I had no sooner sat down in my stand than a monster buck, smelling the doe scent on my clothes, came crashing carelessly through the woods, stopped right below the stand, looked up straight at me, huffed and sped off. I was so awestruck I never even touched my rifle.

If that horny SOB had caught up with me on the ground, I have little doubt that he would have tried to hump my leg……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom