• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Sounds Like Bull**** (but is true) Hunting Story

One more...
Ha this is believable I guess but its pretty funny so I thought I'd share.
This was last season. I knew something big was headed my way but I didn't know what!!
Dang beef cow in the middle of the woods.
Talk about eating good!

Attachments

• 1E209D48-2D59-4657-9313-5D66EADF1D49.jpeg
    1E209D48-2D59-4657-9313-5D66EADF1D49.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 30
Went to pick up a buddy off one of my foodplots. When I pulled up he was standing over a doe. I told him that I didn't hear him shoot. He said he didn't shoot. He said the doe came out and laid down in the food plot, head down and all. He walked up to it and when he grabbed her by the leg she awoke or something, he said he put her in a headlock and ended up breaking her neck. I cleaned the deer, not a bullet hole in it.

I was hunting in 2018 when I heard 2 bucks fighting like hell. 1 minute later a 5.5 yo 12 point came out with his tail tucked and I dropped him in his tracks. He was still breathing a few minutes later so I shot him again. I got down from my stand and laid my gun on his neck and starting taking pics, texting friends, and posting on ODT. Phone in hand and gun on the ground I hear a grunt and it's close. Then I hear a second. I grabbed my gun and look to my left and there is a 6.5 yo 10 point 25 yards away coming in for a second fight. Pulled up and shot him in the heart. 2 mature bucks in 15 minutes. That was a pretty good day.

My biggest story that people could think was bull is one evening I climbed down and came out of the woods early thinking I would sit on one the food plot I was gonna walk past. I sat down on the edge of the road on some small pines. I sat there for maybe 10 minutes and I saw 2 bucks in the plot sparring. They were slowly pushing back toward me. I had my gun up and was intending on shooting the winner. They pushed off to the side into the woods and I kept sitting there. About 5 minutes later right as I was about to get up and leave one of them came walking right toward me and got close enough I probably could've touched him. I just sat still and let him walk on by. He never spooked or anything.

Another one is last year in a ground blind I was hunting with my revolver and had a doe walk within 10 yards or so of me and just walk around the blind. I have no idea how she didn't smell me or hear me easing the hammer back.

Last bow season I had 3 otter get out of the pond and come running through the woods past me, I assume on the way to the other pond.
I was turkey hunting once and had a doe eating grass about 3ft in front of my boot. Had a buddy sitting with me too. She didnt' have a care in the world.

One more...
Ha this is believable I guess but its pretty funny so I thought I'd share.
This was last season. I knew something big was headed my way but I didn't know what!!
Dang beef cow in the middle of the woods.
Talk about eating good!
I had this happen to me two years ago. I was sitting in a stand on the back side of my pond and a stupid cow comes along.

Fell asleep on the ground one morning in north ga, when I woke up and sat up and looked around there where three does standing about 10 feet from me just staring at me. Sitting twenty feet up in a tree one afternoon in south ga sky went black huge storm rolled in and I watched a tornado go across a pasture about 300 yards out and take two cows with it. And two years ago I put a bad shot on a 8 point( gut shot)at last light, as it ran a swear it growled almost like a bear does right before it dies. got down from the stand ended up bumping it and heard it crash into the river, figured it came out the other side of the river and was gone, walked up to the bank and shining my light across the river and suddenly heard water splash below me, looked down with the light and it was standing in the river, it couldn't move all four legs got broke when it fell, I shot it in the back of the head, only clear shot, slid down the bank (15 ft) and floated the deer down river about 200 yards where the bank gets lower. This was mid December and I almost froze to death.

I was coming out if the woods one day from a morning bow hunt when I jumped a good size buck, so I froze where I was in hopes he'd come back down the trail close enough for a shot. (I could see him milling around cautiously but out of range) I was consintrating on him so hard that I didn't notice the noise behind me when I finally did, I turned very slowly until I was facing a small doe coming right at me about 15 yards away. I kept standing there as this doe slowly and cautiously kept creeping toward me. I knew I couldn't raise and draw my bow so I just waited to see how close she would get. She ended up making her way all the way to me and stretched her neck out to sniff me, when I suddenly said "BOO!" in her face ... Her reaction was hilarious. I was amazed I was able to stay still enough for her to get that close... I could have head butted her. LOL

It was years ago but i was hunting in fairburn,ga in a climber on top of a ridge. it was still a while before daylight i was sitting pretty high in a tree i had a hat on and since it was so dark i had my head down and my eyes closed.
all of the sudden a bright green light lit my face up, immediatly i thought of game warden but i was breaking no laws.
i opened my eyes and the light was bright it took a second for my eyes to readjust to the darkness.
when they cleared up i couldnt see anything below me, i looked up and seen a bright green ball flying through the air just over the trees. scared me to death, to this day i dont know what it was. it didnt have a tail like a meteor so idk.

Back
Top Bottom