• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You're not allowed to swim at Lake Lanier in 2023. Period!

Story I heard was Margaritaville could no longer afford their business liability insurance if they kept the beach open. It was a financial decision and one I’m sure they’re not happy with either.
Alcohol and water does not make business insurance cheap

I just LOVE the way any statement, no matter how innocuous, can turn into a ****show on the ODT.
Always someone looking to be offended.
It's not just an ODT thing - my father, long before Al Gore invented the internet, used to say of certain contrary folks, "if you said the sky was blue, they'd want to argue with you".

I didn't really know what he meant back then but I recognize his wisdom these days.....

Sent from my 6165S using Tapatalk

I been hitting it through the week and some weekends...their traffic is way down for the start of the year...the new owners may have cut their own throats....all the boats that normally would be there are passing by...also because of a heavier patrol from water police...Pelican Pete's has cut their boat parking from the dry dock...so that's a cluster also...twisted oar ftw

I been hitting it through the week and some weekends...their traffic is way down for the start of the year...the new owners may have cut their own throats....all the boats that normally would be there are passing by...also because of a heavier patrol from water police...Pelican Pete's has cut their boat parking from the dry dock...so that's a cluster also...twisted oar ftw
petes aint cheap and that area was for rich boaters

Boat owner for many years at Lanier. The water is always very clear. I would dive off of the front of my cabin cruiser and go deep in the water, deep enough I could feel the pressure. I could look up and see the entire boat floating above me.
seen any of the "car sized" catfish there? or urban legend?

How about Port Royale, (Browns Bridge Rd, near Mr BIKER13 BIKER13 ) do they just rent boats and jet-sky , or can you also use their facility to get into the lake? I haven't been there, I worked nearby long ago in a Subdivision also named "Port Royale"..

from a traditional science point of view: the incidents of high bacteria counts in the swimming areas of lake Lanier (and others) are partially due to...the shalow(er), (more) still waters in those swimming areas. Less flow, more sunlight, higher water temp = increase bacteria.

Out in the depths, where the water flows, it's less warm and moving, and therefore more clear and less likely to have higher counts of bacteria, fungi, etc.

There have been numerous cases reported of "high bacteria" counts in swimming areas over the past 15 years. The total amount of water, and how much it moves / flows, negates the occasional sewer overflow.

On the other note, I have seen some monster yachts on Lanier and wondered, is the owner compensating for something, or do they just want to have the biggest boat on the lake?

Lastly, I worked with a nurse who swore she saw one of the "ghosts of Lake Lanier" in the water and refused to ever get in or on Lanier again. Water ghosts are nasty. good night!

Water ghosts are nasty.
And they stinky too... bahahaha
Lake ghost crap.gif

go to the swimming beaches and you will see chillins with a diaper full of **** waddling around. Goose **** everywhere and younger kids out in the water dropping a load. The swimming beaches always have high bacteria levels cause of the filth around them.

Back
Top Bottom