• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zero tolerance in Cobb

You have already illustrated your lack of knowledge regarding GA carry laws while exhorting your (incorrect) expertise, why am I unsurprised that you are not aware that police have no duty to "protect" outside of a couple extremely obscure exceptions. The supreme court has maintained this position for 30+ years. "Protect and Serve" is a misnomer, any department that uses the phrase is simply misleading their citizens.

Truly, I hope you are a young idealist who is simply ignorant (meant in the true definition of the word, not a negative personal attack, or "anti LEO"... on the contrary) regarding the laws in your jurisdiction and will better educate yourself in the future.

While I disagree with Lew on the point I do know hi personally and you will never find a nicere, more decent guy on the trader or elsewhere. So how about you curb the smart-ass commentary and show a little respect. No one is attacking you and you can refrain from insulting attacks on othrs.

- - - Updated - - -

Too many Barney Fifes in this world and not enough Andy Taylors.

Andy voted for and did ads for obama. **** andy.

That's pretty embarrassing. I would hope as an SRO you would be aware of the changes in the law the past couple of years.

You are absolutely right. I am totally wrong on what I put and it is very embarrassing. I am not going to try to explain what I know and what I do not know about this law, just look like I am trying to cover my mistake up. Fact is, I was so intent on showing snipper22 he was wrong on something, I jumped the gun and put that without thinking it through. I assure you though, I do not try to hassle people coming through my school zone. And I do realize that people may have firearms in school zones under certain circumstances which are outlined in the law.

You have already illustrated your lack of knowledge regarding GA carry laws while exhorting your (incorrect) expertise, why am I unsurprised that you are not aware that police have no duty to "protect" outside of a couple extremely obscure exceptions. The supreme court has maintained this position for 30+ years. "Protect and Serve" is a misnomer, any department that uses the phrase is simply misleading their citizens.

Truly, I hope you are a young idealist who is simply ignorant (meant in the true definition of the word, not a negative personal attack, or "anti LEO"... on the contrary) regarding the laws in your jurisdiction and will better educate yourself in the future.

No personal attack taken, even though I do deserve it. However, I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on the bold. I agree with what you stated about the supreme court. But in my time, I have pulled men off of women to keep from beating them further. I have picked up women and drove them to the battered women's shelter as part of my duty. I have also had a few child abuse cases which I have reported to proper agencies. I can go on and on, and I do not call any of this an "extremely obscure exception" The supreme court may say that, but I protect people. Most of the time I am too late and the crime has already occurred. But I have been in the right place at the right time a few times to make a difference and stop a crime or stop a crime from being committed further.

That being said, I do sincerely apologize to sniper22. I let what you said get under my skin. Normally, stuff like that is like water on a ducks back for me. Tonight, you might as well have punched me in the nose, it affected me the same and it should not have.

I am a better officer than what I have showed here. But tonight, I have decided to insert my foot into my mouth. Again, I apologize.

While I disagree with Lew on the point I do know hi personally and you will never find a nicere, more decent guy on the trader or elsewhere. So how about you curb the smart-ass commentary and show a little respect. No one is attacking you and you can refrain from insulting attacks on othrs.

- - - Updated - - -

Andy voted for and did ads for obama. **** andy.

Let it go buddy, I deserve every bit of that tongue lashing and more. I showed ignorance, he called me on it as he has the right to. I do not think any less of analogue. He does not know me personally and has in no way stepped out of bounds in my eyes.

You say so bro...personally I think a simple statement of fact...ahh who am I kidding. I spontaneously combust all the time. LOL!

Got a laugh out of the "punched me in the nose" comment. I suddenly had a flash image of Gulliver all tied down with a smurf standing on his chin shaking his fist...LOL!

Only damn cop I know that needs a donut the size of a John Deere tractor tire. ;)

BIGLEW and his latest partner....

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...you can call me George. :p

you're a real jerk sometimes.... LOL. But getting back on topic, I think it is screwed up this kid is getting this much flack over a knife that was locked in his car. I did my time in the air force and I hope he gets this all taken care of and has a great career.

Biglew, you don't owe me anything. I poke the bear (or pig) when I see a easy opening. Im sure you're a good guy and hope to meet you someday for a trade or coffee. I have no doubt that you are good at your job, otherwise you'd be on general patrol like the real DAs.

And yeah, I know, bypass ain't the only dick.

Nice word you said there biglew.

So..... How can they go in the car? Does anyone know if it is like the kids car parked in student parking and only those cars are k9'd? Was the student made to sign a waiver that his private vehicle can be searched?

And how can there be any common sense in jumping on a knife with a blade longer than 2.5" (think I saw that legals peak somewhere) when it is IN a car. And how can said mighty broadsword be so much different than a screwdriver IN YOUR CAR. or tire iron. We are talking about in your car not on the students person!

This is ridiculous!

Nice word you said there biglew.

So..... How can they go in the car? Does anyone know if it is like the kids car parked in student parking and only those cars are k9'd? Was the student made to sign a waiver that his private vehicle can be searched?

And how can there be any common sense in jumping on a knife with a blade longer than 2.5" (think I saw that legals peak somewhere) when it is IN a car. And how can said mighty broadsword be so much different than a screwdriver IN YOUR CAR. or tire iron. We are talking about in your car not on the students person!

This is ridiculous!

Students are not legal adults. They can search the cars due to probable cause from the dog responding to open air search which is legal for them to do (even to legal adults).

Back
Top Bottom