• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zero tolerance in Cobb

That probably came of more terse than intended.

I'll do what the flippers do to make things right... "Thanks for looking and God Bless!"

Let it go buddy, I deserve every bit of that tongue lashing and more. I showed ignorance, he called me on it as he has the right to. I do not think any less of analogue. He does not know me personally and has in no way stepped out of bounds in my eyes.

BIGLEW......Good guy right here......

16-127.1
(17) Teachers and other school personnel who are otherwise authorized to possess or carry weapons, provided that any such weapon is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle; or

So a teacher with or without a permit is good to keep a firearm in a vehicle? Can the school board prohibit this?

16-127.1
(17) Teachers and other school personnel who are otherwise authorized to possess or carry weapons, provided that any such weapon is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle; or

So a teacher with or without a permit is good to keep a firearm in a vehicle? Can the school board prohibit this?

Your job, whatever it may be can always put in place policies proscribing this. Then they can take whatever punitive action against policy violators they want. Unfortunately, even violating the constitution(at least in the case of the 2nd amendment).

- - - Updated - - -

Andy Taylor did not vote for the Kenyan, Andy Griffith did. Please try and keep up. :)

Oops...my bad. Sorry. lol

Your job, whatever it may be can always put in place policies proscribing this. Then they can take whatever punitive action against policy violators they want. Unfortunately, even violating the constitution(at least in the case of the 2nd amendment).

True, much like a business you work at can say you can not carry in here, leave it locked up...

I went to Pope. The only trouble I've ever been in has been here in Cobb county. Underage drinking etc. left here. Went to UGA, moved to Buckhead. That's was over the last 13 years. Now, I am back in East Cobb have a family. They were silly about stuff like that in 2000. Way more crazy now about the rules/punishment, but still crazy. Officer Barnes found a pocket knife on me. She told me to lock it in the glove box and not bring it back. No felony. My kids will go to Walton. God help em.

Last edited:
It was locked! In his car! Lol. It wasn't like he carried it. It was in his car right by his screwdriver, tire iron, baseball bat, saltwater gaff hook, 4 D cell mag light.....

True, but you are forgetting that he is a STUDENT. That is the bad part. The only way the school sees it is as though he has a weapon in a school zone. I do not agree at all, but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom