• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Zip Gun

You can make a gun. legally. As long as there is no law prohibiting the type. Rifle less than 16"-SBR stamp, pistol with a vertical forward grip of 90 degrees etc. etc.

You don't even need a serial number. You can't sell it though. The picture is probably a prohibited item but check with the ATF they will help guide you to avoid becoming a criminal. I have seen similar designs that the latter 1/3 folds down 90 degrees and sold at local gun shows. I haven't seen them in a while so perhaps they stepped across the line of infringement?

Ask the FBI and who knows they may lead you to be a criminal so they have another "criminal" to add to list and an OER bullet for their evaluation report.

Reactions: BHJ
Funny you made this thread. I ran across a bunch of home made gun videos on YouTube and was wondering the legality of it.

I am just curious about it as well. I am not sure if it would be considered a "dangerous weapon" under Georgia law.

1. A dangerous weapon means any weapon commonly known as a 'rocket launcher,' 'bazooka,' or 'recoilless rifle' which fires explosive or nonexplosive rockets designed to injure or kill personnel or destroy heavy armor, or similar weapon used for such purpose. The term shall also mean a weapon commonly known as a 'mortar' which fires high explosive from a metallic cylinder and which is commonly used by the armed forces as an antipersonnel weapon or similar weapon used for such purpose. The term shall also mean a weapon commonly known as a 'hand grenade' or other similar weapon which is designed to explode and injure personnel or similar weapon used for such purpose.

So what would they be considered? Are they a pistol? Wold it have a serial number?

Yes, legal as they have to be in the angled position to fire. A straight pen gun is classified as an NFA 'device' of some type I believe.

A google search will give you pages of answers, nothing mysterious or ambiguous about the Stinger.

Yes, legal as they have to be in the angled position to fire. A straight pen gun is classified as an NFA 'device' of some type I believe.

A google search will give you pages of answers, nothing mysterious or ambiguous about the Stinger.

Post #5 is a straight pen design.

Back
Top Bottom