• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

‘86-style ban on handguns; Best choice for a world without new handguns

‘86-style ban on handguns; What’s the best heirloom gun?

Votes: 49 40.5%
  • CZ 75

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • SIG Sauer (specific model in comments)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • S&W 3rd Gen

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Wheelie

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • Glocos

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Beretta 92

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Ruger P89

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Tacos

Votes: 11 9.1%

• Total voters
steel 1911. there's enough parts/extras out in the world that if you can keep one rust free (at least mostly) it will last you 100 years. Bought one for my son when he was 1, so he'll be good.

45 still works and is easy to load, you can buy mags by the basket even still, and the good ones are made to be used. Easily 10k rounds through mine with no issues

I said Glox due to their reliability, longevity, and a ton of spare parts both OEM and aftermarket. They have a great reputation and will hold / gain value in the future.

Personally, I think there is a difference in "heirloom gun" and "best choice for a world without new handguns."

The poll kind of came out how I would have voted the top three for heirloom. I think every American man should be issued a 1911 and revolver at birth just to learn how to use and take care of them. Personally I love the CZ 75 platform and that's why it would be third.

Now in a world where there are no more new handguns, I would have to pick the Glock. We know the overlords who would be enforcing the "no new handguns" would be using them... they are easy to care for, will last forever with minimal care and you could get parts/mags because I imagine they would still be made and could be scavenged in a pinch.

A .357 revolver. It widens your choices of ammunition if there's a shortage.

I have two Ruger Blackhawks with 357/9mm for the main reason that I know that when the SHTF I will be able to get ammo somewhere. Also know that I don't have to worry about funky loads locking one up.

Back
Top Bottom