• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 for self defense?

Patronus, ain't had an IPSC target shoot back at me yet.......

......however, I am a combat vet of the United States Marine Corps. I have fired shots in anger, well-aimed shots, with lethal intent behind every single trigger pull. I have been a Marine, cop and Fed for over 27 years now. I've seen the elephant, to use the phrase.

I've got the ribbons, medals, awards and scars to prove it.

How about you? Ever been shot at and shot back?

Shooting competitive sports like IPSC and IDPA will only improve your skills. After I started shooting IPSC, I found I was shooting much, much faster, with the same accuracy. My reload speeds became lightning fast. So, it made me shooting really fast, really accurate, and reload really fast. From the gunfights and shootings I've been involved in, I can professionally state those are all good things.
Truth - Hope all is well Shep.

Yep. Last I checked, Delta switched from the 1911 in .45ACP to the Glock 22 .40S&W. I'm not sure if they are still using the G22 or gone on to something else.

The Instructor assisting me in the upcoming pistol course, Jeff Edwards, did some cross training with Delta a while back, after they made the switch to Glock.

The U.S. military uses SIG's and Beretta's, as well.

Last edited:
  1. 2015-08-06-22-19-27--2025020724.jpeg

MRH and albatros43, I have an offer for both of y'all.

If my Combat Handgun class does not fill up, I am offering you both a mostly free slot in that course. All I'm asking is that you pay the range fee that I pay per student when I teach a course there, and that's dang cheap for 8 hours of training.

The catch is, after the course, you have to write an honest review of the course, including your opinions of myself and my Assistant Instructor Jeff Edwards, and post it here in this forum under a new thread.

If this sounds good to y'all, send me a PM and I'll get it all squared away.

Semper Fi!

Crossing my fingers that the class isn't full! This Mall Ninja needs some training! ;)

My invite to come and take my class for free still stands.

I can thoroughly grasp the difference in trigger pulls from shot-to-shot. 27 years as a USMC Scout/Sniper, LE Sniper and Sniper Instructor has taught me a bit about trigger control.

The only caveat to the invite is that we behave like adults and stop the name-calling.

Shall I see you there?

I CAN BEHAVE!

Back
Top Bottom