• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 for self defense?

Don't get me started on wheel guns! If 1911's, with their archaic design and low capacity, are one of my loves, what do you think I feel about revolvers!?

Looks like I'm gonna have to teach another Combat Revolver course soon.....ain't done that one in a while.

Then there's my Practical Levergun course......

I don't know, I'm always looking for new insults. I have good ones in several languages; Tagalog, Spanish, British English, Gaelic, Norwegian, Finn and French. I'll teach you a few new ones if you reciprocate!

I run a P229 in .357SIG and not a lot of folks have a chance to shoot them. You're welcome to shoot it all ya want.....but ya gotta pay for the class!

Saying a DA/SA will never be consistent is a load of bull. It all comes down to training. I've run a SIG P229 as my issue duty pistol for over 13 years now. We are issued a new pistol every 40,000rds......I'm on my 3rd one and getting very close to retiring it.

I will say that it is much harder to achieve consistency with a DA/SA than it is with a SAO or a striker-fired pistol where the trigger pull is the same every time, but it is not impossible. Everything comes down to proper practice, although some folks are never going to master it no matter how much practice they put into it. Simply put, while a Glock isn't as accurate as a SIG DA/SA, it is more than accurate enough for its intended purpose and much easier for the shooter to use.
Well said.

I don't know, I'm always looking for new insults. I have good ones in several languages; Tagalog, Spanish, British English, Gaelic, Norwegian, Finn and French. I'll teach you a few new ones if you reciprocate!

I run a P229 in .357SIG and not a lot of folks have a chance to shoot them. You're welcome to shoot it all ya want.....but ya gotta pay for the class!
Climb down off the cross for ****s sake. I called you "sparky". Not once did I question your parentage or mention the size of your ears. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom