• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 for self defense?

That must be my problem as well. 7 broken noses in nearly 45 years......

2 don't count though. One I fell off some furniture as a kid and the other I was hungover and dehydrated, passed out on a concrete floor. Ouch.....

As much fun as this has become, I'm overseas in a beautiful city and am going for a nice long run for a while.

Y'all play nice.

As much fun as this has become, I'm overseas in a beautiful city and am going for a nice long run for a while.

Y'all play nice.
OOh! Enjoy. Last time I was out of country was Russia. Be damned if I'd have even logged in from "elsewhere". LOL. Auf Wiedersehen, Das vidanya, Zei Jen, etc, etc...

OMON has a way of "press checking" their handguns when it is dark out and they are wearing gloves, so no feel or sight. They blow down the barrel and listen for the sounds to tell them if there is a round in the chamber.

I kid you not, and after training with them for a couple weeks, I couldn't tell if they were serious or not. Best part was, the OMON dude who was explaining it pulls his handgun out in the restaurant we were eating in and demonstrated. Several other of the OMON there promptly followed suit. No one in the restaurant cared to comment on it. Can't blame them!

Not to mention the vodka they had all consumed BEFORE this display.

OMON has a way of "press checking" their handguns when it is dark out and they are wearing gloves, so no feel or sight. They blow down the barrel and listen for the sounds to tell them if there is a round in the chamber.

I kid you not, and after training with them for a couple weeks, I couldn't tell if they were serious or not. Best part was, the OMON dude who was explaining it pulls his handgun out in the restaurant we were eating in and demonstrated. Several other of the OMON there promptly followed suit. No one in the restaurant cared to comment on it. Can't blame them!

Not to mention the vodka they had all consumed BEFORE this display.
LOL. Ruskies are damn funny folks. Warm and friendly but plumb crazy. And they think WE are crazy.

Back
Top Bottom