• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2.23 5.56 bolt gun

sundown

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
41   0
Reaction score
I'm want a bolt rifle that shoots 2.23/5.56 ammo. Not looking to spend a ton. Couple hundred. I will be using this for longer range target shooting and possibly some hunting. What do yall recommend?

I asked about the same thing at a local dealer. All they could say was, "Why would you want to buy a rifle that ammo isn't available for?" I answered, "I'm good."

I like the Mossberg MVP but I've only seen them around $600.

I have the Axis .223 and even though its a low end price... rip off the stock scope, rings and mount... get the 1 piece Weaver rail for the savage 110 (it will fit) ... medium rings... low are really close to the bolt... and a new scope to your liking... I spent almost as much on the scope as I did the gun and now I have a 300-400 yard tack driver... haven't gone farther than that yet... I'm sure it will be fine, just haven't tried it... don't have any where to shoot farther. Oh... get an adjustable cheek rest... with medium rings you will need them.

I will throw in another vote for the Axis.I was looking for one for the same reason as you,decided on the Axis.The trigger is a little heavy,but crisp and can be taken down a couple pounds with some tweaking.
Detachable box magazine is a nice bonus for me as well and everything SimsDelt said covers the rest spot on.

Save your pennies and pick an MVP, trust me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom