• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.357SIG: What’s the point of this cartridge?

My last post was deemed offensive but I have disagree. Was just responding w/ facts to someone calling me out about a certain topic.. please notice now that Sig and HK’s are on the FAM’s armorer list. Case closed let’s move past this already

You have presented no facts to prove your statements, nor any to disprove mine.

HK's are only on the FAMS Armorer's list because we take care of the firearms that are issued to the Federal Flight Deck Officers/FFDO's/"armed pilots". I covered this already. The FFDO's are issued the HK USP Compact LEM .40S&W. That is the only gun they have ever been issued. These guns are not issued to, or carried by, any component of the FAMS. The FAMS is responsible for a part of the FFDO training, and handle their Armorer needs.

Following the September 11 attacks in 2001, the Arming Pilots Against Terrorism Act, part of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, directed the TSA to develop the Federal Flight Deck Officer program as an additional layer of security. Under this program, flight crew members are authorized by the Transportation Security Administration to use firearms to defend against acts of criminal violence or air piracy undertaken to gain control of their aircraft. The first flight crew members that volunteered were pilots and flight engineer assigned to fly scheduled passenger air service under the FAR 121 (Domestic and Flag Air Carrier Operations). The first FFDO's were not trained and armed until sometime in 2008. So, there's no way that your gun, built in 2000, was intended for the FFDO program, fully a year before the events of September 11, 2001.

You did not state that the HK is on the Armorer's list for the FAMS, you definitively stated that the HK Compact USP .357SIG and the Glock 32 were both issued by the FAMS. This is wrong in every way, shape, or form. I am in a particular position to know the facts of the matter.

The Federal Air Marshal Service has never issued any handgun made by HK or Glock, in any caliber. The HK USP Compact .357SIG that you own was never an issued weapon for the FAMS, nor do I believe it was purchased by any Federal LE agency and later sent outside the Federal service to end up in civilian hands. If you truly in your heart-of-hearts believe that it is a former Federal LEO weapon, and was subsequently sold to you, I am notifying you that, at a minimum, you are guilty of Theft by Possession. That means you did not know that it was stolen/improperly acquired, but after you gained the knowledge that it was, you kept it. Your responsibility is to notify LE so that the firearm can be recovered.

I take exception to the fact that I present my credentials as a Federal Air Marshal, and you tell me that I am wrong about simple facts that I am specifically an expert in.

I've got acquaintances in the FBI, and I know several FAMs assigned to the Joint Terrorism Task Force with the FBI. Maybe a few screenshots of this conversation would be interesting to a bored Feeb.......

images

Here is a link for anyone interested in the 65k HK USPc’s, P2000’s and P2000sk’s chambered in .357sig, 40s&w and 9mm bought by DHS. FAMS falls under the DHS along with numerous agencies.
https://hk-usa.com/heckler-koch-defense-awarded-largest-pistol-contract-law-enforcement-history/

None of those HK handguns were issued to, or bought by, the Federal Air Marshal Service. I do not know how I can be any clearer on this subject.

DHS is a huge organization with a lot of components therein. Whoever those HK's were intended for, it was not the FAMS.

Your link is no proof at all of your original statements. I can provide a receipt where a member of my household has purchased makeup. This in no way means that I wear makeup. That's the type of conclusion you're attempting to draw. Give it up.

Here is a link for anyone interested in the 65k HK USPc’s, P2000’s and P2000sk’s chambered in .357sig, 40s&w and 9mm bought by DHS. FAMS falls under the DHS along with numerous agencies.
https://hk-usa.com/heckler-koch-defense-awarded-largest-pistol-contract-law-enforcement-history/

I just read your link, and you have misquoted it. The purchase that you are referring to was made specifically by ICE (Immigrations and Customs Enforcement), and not by DHS in general. This means that all the HK firearms mentioned in that article, were purchased by ICE for the use of ICE only.

The FAMS is not underneath ICE, or conjoined with ICE, nor did we partake of that contract. The "chain of command" from the top down for us goes:

Department of Homeland Security

then

Transportation Security Administration

then

Office of Law Enforcement

then

Federal Air Marshal Service.

ICE is not in there anywhere.

I take you at your word and that you have the knowledge of what you state. It doesn’t change the facts of what the Govt’ purchased. Out of those 65k handguns bought from DHS, 4K of them were USPc’s chambered in .357sig. This same agency purchased 3k SkyOp holsters from Galco for Sig P229,P239 an HK USPc... just seems like a no brainer to me as to where they went! Perhaps you aren’t aware of certain teams using the HK’s. As is the fact the USPc is more expensive and marketed at the time as better made than either P2000’s one would believe they went to the operators in a greater position of responsibility and line of danger.
Above all else, threats of prosecution for owning a HK USPc .357sig aren’t a joke to me and I’d never own a weapon I thought was stole or taken illegally. I noted that you actually checked the pic of my weapon. I obtained it legally but to all out there reading this please do not forget that this guy is not for liberty and will burn someone given the chance to. Obviously has the mentality of us against them so much present in law enforcement today! Have a good one to all.
Lol at this guy, must be new year

Back
Top Bottom