4473 question with background check

fz1boxer

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
205   0
Reaction score
ok
here goes
you buy a weapon from a gun dealer(name brand authorized dealer).
fill out 4473 do nics check.
take weapon home,upon inspection of weapon you find a manufacturer defect.
you return weapon to authorized dealer so it can be sent back to be repaired.
when you go to pick up your weapon do you have to repeat the 4473/ background check process to pick up your weapon that you already paid for?
i thought repair work did not need to be processed again.
thanks
fz1boxer

Once you take possession via the 4473 it is your gun. The dealer only worked as the deliverer of the firearm in that regard; the actual sale of the it is handled separately. So, you could go back to the dealer for a matter related to the sale (which it sounds like you have), and the 4473/delivery of the firearm shouldn't come into play.

Hmm, could be, I remember some sort of 48-hour rule now that you mention it but I thought it dealt with shipping a gun to a gunsmith, not with a dealer transfer.

everywhere iv been and worked, you have to fill out the paperwork. bass pro used to and i had to when i sent a gun out before somewhere else. no big deal though, only like 10 extra minutes of time if you write slow.

Asked my manager,
As long as the manufacturers sent the same gun (serial number) back and you personally pick up the gun, you should NOT have to complete a second form.
The gunsmithing rules do not apply.

Back
Top Bottom