• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9/17/18

I'm out for now, may head back in the evening. Stalk walking after my butt went numb, following game trails.
Anyone know what kind of rub this is? I have seen pigs in the area.
View attachment 1788940 View attachment 1788946
Mud on the tree trunk=hogs. Highest part of mud on the tree may be from their head, so drop down a tad and that’s about how tall the pig is that did it.
Bark rubbed off=deer.

I saw the same small doe last evening around 5:30 again.
Was the only deer that came through.
There was abnormal amounts of bird and squirrel activity which in my experience equals less deer activity.
Had a ferile cat come through and the squirrels went to defcon-5.

Nope. It's common knowledge they are this way because of all the massive corn fields they feed in. No supplements needed. They had this reputation long before supplement feeding was even a thing.
:doh: Common knowledge? How many corn fields do they have in Alberta? Bear, you are going to great lengths to justify feeding that garbage to wild deer.
Deer body size is due to genetics (which you aren't going to change by feeding them corn, or anything else) and diet, dependent upon natural browse (which may include ag crops to an extent) and soil mineral content. Neither of which dumped corn replaces.

Yeah, it's legal. A lot of things are.

:doh: Common knowledge? How many corn fields do they have in Alberta? Bear, you are going to great lengths to justify feeding that garbage to wild deer.
Deer body size is due to genetics (which you aren't going to change by feeding them corn, or anything else) and diet, dependent upon natural browse (which may include ag crops to an extent) and soil mineral content. Neither of which dumped corn replaces.

Yeah, it's legal. A lot of things are.

There is a boat load of alfalfa fields in Saskatchewan and Alberta that are destroyed by Whitetails. That is the best protein that they graze on. That’s where those deer put the weight on...

Back
Top Bottom