• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A New First For Me: I Want Your Item, But I'm Suppose To Hold It Indefinitely?

He broke off comms, so I relisted it, and within minutes he messaged me and said he still wanted it. He's since broken off comms again.

Confusing.

Best guess is I might as well move on.
Just tell him you'll hold it until the first person with the money shows up. I never play those games.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

True. I've always preferred face to face so both parties could inspect the item and make sure everyone involved is satisfied. I guess I should start considering shipping certain items , it would certainly make life easier .

Good product representation is a must. If the seller isn't willing to furnish really good pictures, then they aren't worth dealing with.

It's kinda like the people selling vehicles and furnish pictures of everything, except the seat of the drivers seat. If they hide that, then they are not trustworthy.

I've done lots of deals through the mail, buying and selling. I have yet to have a bad deal.

I had a guy beat me down quite a bit on a gun price over a few days of PM-ing, and when we finally agreed on a price, he wanted me to bring it to him...Some people like to play games like that. He didn't get the gun... Most of my ads will say "gun is for sale in Douglasville" now. I don't mind working with a fella on meet place, but I'm NOT bringing it to you. DD, if the guy wants it bad enough, he'll come get it. In the mean time, You should keep it listed, and sell it to the first sincere "i'll take it"....

The Golden Rule. In this case you have the Gold someone wants so you set the rules. He wants the item, you want to be paid for the item. I've done some shipping, both Buying and Selling and so far it's always worked, but never firearms. If he really wants it, he'll make arrangements to meet you. If not, he will most likely string you along until 1) you go to him, 2) he finds the same item closer to him and leaves you stranded. I have a lot of fun on the ODT but a sense of Reason has to prevail.

Back
Top Bottom