• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors

I too have been dissapointed in AO, mainly because like everyone else, it takes so freakin long to buy a gun.But for some reason I keep going back:confused:

The store was not even showing the sale price on the G-22s (gen2s) that were selling for the advertised $299, which turned out to be trash, garbage, crap, that I would not give $200 for. One even has road rash, looked as if it had been dragged down the road behind a truck. I love my Glocks but Glock should not allow these guns to be redistributed back into the market.

I am not defending AO here but the highlighted statement above is just..:wacko: It is a Glock for $300 who cares what it looks like? You can buy it, drive 10 minutes and have it completely inspected/re-worked by Glock in 30 minutes. For free! A firearm like that is a tool, not a collectible. If it looks like a beat dog but runs like a race horse what is the problem? You got a $300 truck or carry gun that if it ever gets stolen, or God forbid you actually do have to use it in a SD situation, when the cops take it from you and hold it forever how long while they do their investigation it isn't going to be a big deal.

Not every gun you own has to look like it belongs on the cover of a gun rag. I am sure most of us here have a few hodgepodge guns. I would rather have a rough looking $300 Glock with new internals over some of the other $300 options in the market place. I am glad these trade-in guns make it back into the everyman hands. They are a good deal backed by really killer customer service.

On topic, it does suck that you got the old bait and switch routine from AO. They seem to have a lot of "misprints" in their ads. Maybe they should look into a new printing company.

I had already paid for the gun, it took an hour for the guy to get it and the paper work finished, ( he kept going back and forth between customers) the other hour was paying and waiting to be triple checked. And I went on a Tuesday, and had already did my home work and I knew which gun I wanted.

I have talked to my neighbor and I think he saw you there, He told me about a guy that had been waiting for around an hour to get out of there, he also said that he would not go back.

I live 2min away and been in there 30x and have yet to buy anything. On multiple occasions I've walked in cash in hand for an item and walked back out due to waiting 45min to be served, or rude customer service. I've also found numerous items 10% or more cheaper from other local stores. I'm not cheap but I'm not going to throw money away either when we're talking $100+. I'll pay more for good customer service or if I'm building a relationship with the store but AO has neither. I dropped off my bow for a 1hr fix a couple years ago, days before bow hunting season, and after calling once a week for weeks without a call back or hearing anything until I walked in the store I finally got the bow back after bow hunting season ended. I should have driven to Mitch's. I drove from Smyrna to Stockbridge today just to buy a new Glock from ED's because the customer service there is excellent. I'll keep walking into AO hoping one day I'll get quick, good service and find something at a reasonable price. It may be a dream but man it sucks having such a packed store so close and yet so far.

I bought a couple of Colts from Tombstone Tactical and had them shipped to Dogleg Arms. The entire transaction took a week. All in all it took less time than getting anything at AO.

A friend of mine recently purchsaed a pistol at AO, we were there for over an hour. They have a good selection, nice staff (at least the guys that helped us out), and decent prices. I've been on the other side of the counter, so I know it gets chaotic.
One thing I didn't like was the fact that the salespeople handed out multiple pistols to multiple people and walked away to help someone else 15 feet down the counter. Not good protocol.

I ordered a rifle from their web site 2 weeks ago, have not recieved any update as to when it will be in. I think they wait untill they have a big order from one manf. so they are not charged freight. Getting thru their phone system and all the menu's is like trying to get into the F.B.I.

Back
Top Bottom