• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors

They are what they are...a family owned business that has trouble staffing the store with good people.

The only serious gripe I have is the forever and a day security check. I know they are under heavy scrutiny from the BATFE boys right now...but to check it, double check it, triple check it...and check it one more time as I head for the door is a little ridiculous. Doesn't instill a sense of competence in their staff...

I decided to stop by Adventure Outdoors on the way back from Helen this week. Well I was very disappointed, they did not have enough people to handle the customers, and the one's they did have seem to be more frustrated than attentive to the customers. They had one employee quit while we were in there. I had emailed them before I went looking for a black gun in 308, and was told I would need to give them model number, or make and model before they could let me know what they had. I might have just caught them at a bad time, one of my employee's bought a gun there and said he wouldn't go back either, but decided to try it for myself. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems, or liked the store. Thanks

Wow I don't live near there but if I did, I would love to arrive there in one of my cranky moods.

Or maybe not. I would still be in jail.

But somebody would have a fat lip.

You know I just hate them dang things.

I could see how if you drove an hour to get there, especially on a weekend, you could be disappointed. On week-ends the place is slammed. However I live ten minutes from the store and always drop in on a week day when the employees have more time, can BS with you, and will show you anything you want to see. I found the prices are very good on new guns, and "so so" on the used inventory. In their defense, and being in sales myself, i will say that if 50 people (tire-kickers) were pulling at my sleeve asking me to open the gun case and show them gun after gun with no real intention of buying one, I would be giving more of my attention to 5 or 6 people who are ready to buy. I think that if you are in the early phases of your gun buying decision and want to just browse and kill some time, try a weekday if possible. You can always find an employee who is knowledgable about a particular gun of interest, but like anything else, you need to find that particular employee because no one is going to know everything about every gun. Bought 3 guns from them and even though they didn't rub my feet and have the check-out girls hand feed me grapes, the service was satisfactory.

I could see how if you drove an hour to get there, especially on a weekend, you could be disappointed. On week-ends the place is slammed. However I live ten minutes from the store and always drop in on a week day when the employees have more time, can BS with you, and will show you anything you want to see. I found the prices are very good on new guns, and "so so" on the used inventory. In their defense, and being in sales myself, i will say that if 50 people (tire-kickers) were pulling at my sleeve asking me to open the gun case and show them gun after gun with no real intention of buying one, I would be giving more of my attention to 5 or 6 people who are ready to buy. I think that if you are in the early phases of your gun buying decision and want to just browse and kill some time, try a weekday if possible. You can always find an employee who is knowledgable about a particular gun of interest, but like anything else, you need to find that particular employee because no one is going to know everything about every gun. Bought 3 guns from them and even though they didn't rub my feet and have the check-out girls hand feed me grapes, the service was satisfactory.

I think that is great advice. I bought a G22 gen 3 LE trade in there for $300 right after Christmas. I couldn't have even gotten that kind of deal here on ODT. But it was a weekend and it took me an 1.5-2 hrs to get out of there. They need to improve that. But for those of you that don't remember or never heard the story you should check this out: http://bloombergfightbackfund.com/ Of all the stores that NYC's anti-gun mayor Bloomberg tried to shut down, Adventure Outdoors is the only one with the cajones to fight back!!!

I also had a bad experience there. I went in knowing exactly what gun I wanted and it took me 2 hours to leave with it. I think the problem was they didn't have enough behind-the-gun-counter staff. There was literally 1 guy working the entire rifle desk.

Wow I don't live near there but if I did, I would love to arrive there in one of my cranky moods.

Or maybe not. I would still be in jail.

But somebody would have a fat lip.

You know I just hate them dang things.

Yea, you can't believe the under trained staff they have now.

A friend was looking at a Savage rifle there earlier in the week. He told me it featured an Accu-Stock, Accu-trigger, detachable mag, and was stainless for what I couldn't believe $479.00?

I'd not seen any Accu-Stocked model for anywhere near that price. He call to verify the price, and the guy helping him
said that he'd never heard of an Accu-Stock.

I was by there myself Monday, the fellow that helped me was honest enough to tell me that he was part time and knew
little about what he was selling? I appreciated his honesty, and he did try to find someone that knew more, but wasn't able to locate anyone.

I found what I was looking for on my own, while not thrilled with the price, I bought it.
I've closed on houses in less time. It was slow at the old location, but it seems even worse now?
Don't go there if you have anywhere else to be.

The parking is great though! Huge improvement!

The young lady that did finally get me out the door made the wait tolerable! Tough waiting, but the scenery "Outstanding!"

+548976254 for AO SUCKS!!! Huge building.....Tiny selection unless you only want a gun...Way better in the old location....Went on a weekday with a buddy of mine and still took 2 1/2 hours to get in and out to buy a pistol....their staff is a joke.....and the customer "NO"service.....well, 'nuff said.........

oh and PS.....i hope they are following this thread since someone e-mailed it to them.....almost 3,000 views.....you can't get that much free advertising anywhere!

WTH, I'll pile on. I've purchased several guns from them in the past at the old location, prices were good on new guns. Been to the new place twice and while it's huge with much better parking the staff has been the deal breaker for me. Both times I went to AO first ready to buy and both times I ended up buying at a competitors store strictly based on the staff's attitude and unprofessional conduct. Both occasions were at the AR counter. It doesn't take much to be friendly and helpful. Sad, such potential.

Went to Adventure Outdoors a few weeks ago and was disappointed in the lack of service and lack of knowledge about guns, plus I felt their prices were not all that great. Figured it was because they were still having growing pains in that great big new building. Well, I recently saw one of their ads showing LE trade ins on Glock 22s for $299, and the picture clearly shows gen.3s. What a deal right, so I made the trip over to Smyrna? Guess what, NO, I SAID, NO GEN. 3's!!!. Spoke with 3 different clerks and all they could tell me was that it was a mistake on the ad. When I brought it to the attention of one clerk he told me that "IT'S NOT MY DEPARTMENT!" and walked away. The store was not even showing the sale price on the G-22s (gen2s) that were selling for the advertised $299, which turned out to be trash, garbage, crap, that I would not give $200 for. One even has road rash, looked as if it had been dragged down the road behind a truck. I love my Glocks but Glock should not allow these guns to be redistributed back into the market. Quess by now you'all probably realize that I'm not very happy with Adventure Outdoors, last time they will see my smiling face in there. I suggest that if you want a particular item at a particular price, call first, then be prepared for a disappointment when you get there. Do your shopping on the ODT, much better deals and nicer people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom