• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

%alabama

DSgO1KpUIAAOJ1Z.jpg

I'm old enough to remember when the refs didn't call this face mask on Baker Mayfield in the 2018 Rose Bowl (on 4th down sack). This was also the same "no call" that proceeded a punt that led to uga's score to force OT.

Face it dawg(sp), if there had been a penalty on this play, y'all wouldn't have been there to complain about the officiating in the National Championship game. To Hell With Georgia!

15 yards and 1st down

I'm more curious what he thinks it should of been. The funny thing is that it's replayed several times in slow motion and the commentators can't/don't say anything about it. Btw, I know there are a lot of face masks/hands to the face that happen in any game that don't get noticed. This is a pretty hard one to miss. It's the guy with the ball and he's not the one at the bottom of a pile.

I'm more curious what he thinks it should of been. The funny thing is that it's replayed several times in slow motion and the commentators can't/don't say anything about it. Btw, I know there are a lot of face masks/hands to the face that happen in any game that don't get noticed. This is a pretty hard one to miss. It's the guy with the ball and he's not the one at the bottom of a pile.
A facemask penalty is called when a player intentionally grabs it, and it's clear that he didn't. That's why no flag was thrown, pretty simple.

Let's just face it.. GA FANS(AND THEIR "WE GA FANS FANS NOW CAUSE OUR TEAM DIDNT MAKE IT" FANS) are going to gripe no matter what...if IF AND BUTS WERE CANDY AND NUTS WE WOULD ALL HAVE MERRY CHRIST-MAS...:)

I have no complaints about not getting selected. The Dawgs should not have stunk it up against LSU. They may be one of the 4 best teams and maybe not. OK has the better record and avenged their loss. I wasn't very optimistic going into Saturday's game, and was surprised how well they moved the ball, especially in the first half. They were also pretty fortunate that Bama receivers had a case of the droppsies.

A facemask penalty is called when a player intentionally grabs it, and it's clear that he didn't. That's why no flag was thrown, pretty simple.
:lol: Now you're just making stuff up. "Intent" has absolutely zero to do with it. Where are you getting this stuff? Or is it one of those "Say it enough and people will believe it" things?
He should have been called with a face mask... since you know.... he grabbed his face mask, or if that was going to hurt Bama's feelings at the very least illegal hands to the face. Either one, 15 yards, automatic first down and UGA retains the ball.
Here's the rule book. https://www.webcitation.org/5qufl9pjH?url=http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/FR09.pdf

Obviously, in the Heart of Dixie, which just happens to be the HEART of the SEC (that is, the HEART that is still beating and really matters)!!
They need to move to a state with no SEC teams to avoid the appearance of impropriety. You know, like Tennessee.

Back
Top Bottom