• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alcoholism what to do?

Been there myself and thanks be to God for healing and reconciliation. Unfortunately, it’s (alcohol) glamorized 24/7 in our current culture and media. Billions are made from the sales and then “ treatment “ so you take from that what you will.

As stated many time’s already, it is completely up to the individual suffering from the addiction to make the most difficult decision to change. Thankfully it wasn’t too late for me when I decided and prayerfully it’s not too late for your friend.

23 years sober and happier and healthier than most in my demographic. Amen!

I also have a friend who is an alcoholic, but not a falling down drunk one.

But every minute if he's awake, he's gotta be sipping on a beer. He doesn't go anywhere where he can't bring his own beer with him or order beer at the location he's visiting. He stays home 166 hours a week because he can drink at home constantly.

Oh, and he's homeless and jobless and won't even do anything to help himself it won't they won't do laundry I offered to take them to the laundry and even pay for the first two loads and he says no he says he's very sensitive to the soaps that they have available until he researches the issue and find the perfect allergen free chemical free soap for him he'd rather not do it.

I also have a friend who is an alcoholic, but not a falling down drunk one.

But every minute if he's awake, he's gotta be sipping on a beer. He doesn't go anywhere where he can't bring his own beer with him or order beer at the location he's visiting. He stays home 166 hours a week because he can drink at home constantly.

Oh, and he's homeless and jobless and won't even do anything to help himself it won't they won't do laundry I offered to take them to the laundry and even pay for the first two loads and he says no he says he's very sensitive to the soaps that they have available until he researches the issue and find the perfect allergen free chemical free soap for him he'd rather not do it.
How can he stay home 166 hours a week and be homeless?

He lives in his car, and / or stays a couple nights a week at his storage unit which his family pays for. Has power there to charge his phone and even watch TV with a small portable color television.

It's not legal under the housing code but nobody really cares.

He lives in his car, and / or stays a couple nights a week at his storage unit which his family pays for. Has power there to charge his phone and even watch TV with a small portable color television.

It's not legal under the housing code but nobody really cares.
Well, sounds like it’s working for him and he’s happy, so just tell him if he needs help come see you, then leave him the F alone.
Regardless of intentions, you can’t fix everyone/everything, but good of you to try.

I had a friend that woke up drinkin, drank all day, lost his house, vehicle everything. Always running from his problem, he moved to Florida lived with his 80+ mom, she died he lost that house as well. I told him one last time I wished him the best and let me know when he really wanted to fix it, he died last year on his birthday 54 years old.

I had a friend that woke up drinkin, drank all day, lost his house, vehicle everything. Always running from his problem, he moved to Florida lived with his 80+ mom, she died he lost that house as well. I told him one last time I wished him the best and let me know when he really wanted to fix it, he died last year on his birthday 54 years old.

Was it from alcoholism?

Back
Top Bottom