• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An age old AK47 topic: Milled or Stamped ??

Yeah soviet, go back to polishing. Heck, I bet CCW can tell you how to do that better as well. So what I have learned from this thread, is that the milled receiver that CCW has, is a good "second tier" AK47. lol Don't you just hate it when what you say to others comes back at you. Oh, I am sure I will get a "cute" one liner from CCW!

Yeah soviet, go back to polishing. Heck, I bet CCW can tell you how to do that better as well. So what I have learned from this thread, is that the milled receiver that CCW has, is a good "second tier" AK47. lol Don't you just hate it when what you say to others comes back at you. Oh, I am sure I will get a "cute" one liner from CCW!

This thread is making me happy.

While both versions work well, I think we realize that Kalishnikova prefers milled while Soviet and NWS prefer stamped. :D

Actually, I prefer Colt. AKs are just cheap utilitarian weapons that are nice to keep around to me. I could never spend the kind of coin needed for a milled AK. I would rather have a precision weapon for that cost.

Also, the AK has a MAJOR design flaw that I cannot accept. If your safety is off, the dust cover which is also the safety is open, leaving a gaping hole in the side of your gun, and if you drop it, it is easy for small crap to get inside and muck up the trigger.

The AK was never designed to be a precision weapon, nor was it designed to be pretty. It was designed to be mass produced in huge numbers by unskilled labor for little cost. For that purpose it is excellent. It is far from the best design for a battle rifle though, and I cannot see spending the kind of money a milled gun demands when for the same cost, I can get a better gun all together.

Last edited:
Yes, I was wrong about the original "stamped" comment and I changed my comments to reflect it. No backpedaling Soviet, my comment was inaccurate. Relax and take out your anger by polishing another pistol bro. I realize your name is Soviet AK47 and I should have never challenged your authority on this subject. I ask for forgiveness. PLEASE Soviet!

LOL! I don't even know what to say. I'm speechless. Let's just get back to the topic please and thank you.

Actually, I prefer Colt. AKs are just cheap utilitarian weapons that are nice to keep around to me. I could never spend the kind of coin needed for a milled AK. I would rather have a precision weapon for that cost.

Also, the AK has a MAJOR design flaw that I cannot accept. If your safety is off, the dust cover which is also the safety is open, leaving a gaping hole in the side of your gun, and if you drop it, it is easy for small crap to get inside and muck up the trigger.

That it is. Even though the trigger has muck in it, it still works :)

The AK was never designed to be a precision weapon, nor was it designed to be pretty.

I agree with all of this, but remember the AK was designed as a weapon that wasn't supposed to be sensitive to dirt and much. Did you watch the video where MK talked about throwing sand in the rifle?

That it is. Even though the trigger has muck in it, it still works :)

I agree with all of this, but remember the AK was designed as a weapon that wasn't supposed to be sensitive to dirt and much. Did you watch the video where MK talked about throwing sand in the rifle?
[video=youtube_share;CqRwx4wtmms]http://youtu.be/CqRwx4wtmms[/video]

Actually, the AK fails miserably under these conditions.

The argument isn't about what I have. It's about what was said and showed in this holy grail video the Soviet PM'd me.

Lord he we go again. I can tell you read too many pop up books as a child. You were suppose to listen to the info in the video, not base everything on the pictures you see. Let's just move on with the subject. This is nuts.

Back
Top Bottom