• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An age old AK47 topic: Milled or Stamped ??

Looks like a 5.56 variant . I had trouble with a few of those clean . Lol. I've thrown dirt and sand in a few of my aks. Did not have an issue.

It is, and if you look at the comments, that is the exact same thing every body else said. So they went back and did it again with a 7.62 and had the same results. If you search their videos you will find it. 5.56 or 7.62, doesn't matter, they have the same trigger control group and the same gaping hole in the side of the receiver letting crap in to much it up.

I agree with all of this, but remember the AK was designed as a weapon that wasn't supposed to be sensitive to dirt and much. Did you watch the video where MK talked about throwing sand in the rifle?
and you can throw an AK in the sand, as long as the safety is on. If it is off is when you get into trouble. Having the dust cover and safety be the same device does wonders for saving production cost, but creates a weakness for the rifle as a whole.

and you can throw an AK in the sand, as long as the safety is on. If it is off is when you get into trouble. Having the dust cover and safety be the same device does wonders for saving production cost, but creates a weakness for the rifle as a whole.

None of that really matters to me because the overall reliability of the AK is superior to the alternative in my mind. Every system has pros and cons. For me, the AK is "overall" a winner.

Lord he we go again. I can tell you read too many pop up books as a child. You were suppose to listen to the info in the video, not base everything on the pictures you see. Let's just move on with the subject. This is nuts.

I listened well and watched. I can multitask. Tell me, what version of the Ak47 (stamped or milled) was highlighted mostly during the video over and over and over and over? Was it milled? :)

I also noticed that even the Wikipedia link that Soviet pulled from shows the milled rifle on the main page. Out of curiosity, I am beginning to wonder why the milled rifle got the most publicity between these 2 media sources.

Are they confused? Was Kalishnikova confused in his interview with his milled rifle? If John Browning was around to do an interview, do you think he would be holding the Hi Power Practical Tactical?

I also noticed that even the Wikipedia link that Soviet pulled from shows the milled rifle on the main page. Out of curiosity, I am beginning to wonder why the milled rifle got the most publicity between these 2 media sources.

Are they confused? Was Kalishnikova confused in his interview with his milled rifle? If John Browning was around to do an interview, do you think he would be holding the Hi Power Practical Tactical?

Glock always advertises Black when we know the best is the OD......Gaston must be confused

Back
Top Bottom