• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

...and the hits just keep on coming...

I lived in Fort Valley back in the early 70's...I'm sure it's not the same.
I've had my CDL class A license for a couple of decades, excellent safety record and clean MVR so I can get a job anywhere and I probably don't own enough stuff to fill a 26 foot truck...not sure if that's good or bad.
My landlord now has 2 vacant properties here in town in Perry. Both fairly reasonable. I gotta go clean them out and cut the grass. Granted a woman died in one of them earlier this month of natural causes. But if THAT dont bother you...

Family...
They'll f@€k you over when no one else will.
Especially in-laws who aren't really family, just kinda leeches who're holding on.
One of my favorite quotes from the Sopranos was when Paulie said " Only thin a man has in this life is family. And in the end they **** you too."

It seems like when I'm listening to satellite radio every commercial is companies hiring truck drivers offering singing bonuses heard a Walmart commercial claiming $80,000 per year.
You can make a lot if you don't mind being gone all the time.
I'm at the point in my life where I like sleeping in a bed most nights.

I understand that. A lot of burn out amongst Truckers. My Grandfather was a long hall trucker for 40 years. I think he liked being gone more than being at home.

McClanes here in Athens supplies all the local convenience store chains, they advertise for drivers "be home every night." Supposed to be a really good place to work.

You'd have to look it up but there is a certain amount of time to evict someone and it's not "maybe" 30 days. Man I sure hate to hear what you're going through!

He has to give you 60 days notice, unless a shorter notice is written in your contract that is still inforce.

You can offer to ket him buy your time..youll move in 30 days, but he has to give ya a severence package...couple grand for the imconvenience is typical.
This,.... Used to be 30. That is on a month to month

Back
Top Bottom