• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And you think ammo is expensive??

STAY AWAY FROM THE PET STORES!!!!!!

Very poor quality, no proper care as puppies and way over priced. Typically the worst genetic examples of dogs we deal with come from pet stores.

Go to the Atlanta Humane Society or get one from a reputable breeder.
^^^^what he said. Also lots of the pet store/puppy mill dogs have been bred so much that they are born with major life long health issues.

Guys, as for the question of rescuing a mix or purchasing a pure bred, it's not an either/or. You can find almost any quality of dog at a rescue. Good and bad. There are bad breeders that either don't know or don't care what they are doing, but some of the most carrying people I know are breeders. And they produce outstanding dogs.

The best dog I ever owned was a mix I got from the Atlanta Humane Society, but the second best was an extremely expensive one I got from a top quality breeder.

We had a papered Boykin Spaniel that we loved and led a long life before she got cancer. Wife missed her terribly so we used the Boykin rescue contacts to give an older Boykin Spaniel rescue a home. Loved her too but she only had a few years before she passed - that is tough part of rescuing an older dog but they love you so much.

We had a papered Boykin Spaniel that we loved and led a long life before she got cancer. Wife missed her terribly so we used the Boykin rescue contacts to give an older Boykin Spaniel rescue a home. Loved her too but she only had a few years before she passed - that is tough part of rescuing an older dog but they love you so much.
I love old dogs! Maybe because we have so much in common. Lol.

Well I got my dog Obart and he is a very fun dog. I let him out in the morning and 3-4 hours he comes home and you just never know what he bring back home with him. Oh and he is a very good watch dog.

Dog with leg.jpeg

Good luck with that Quality dogs are not free they don't hunt they don't win shows There are a few exceptions but you get what you pay for the majority of the time Sounds like some Liberal crap

First of all, punctuation is your friend. It will provide more credibility to your arguement.
How exactly do you infer political ideology from a post urging dog adoption?

See what kind of bird dog you get a the pound .Dogs where bred for specific jobs WORKING dogs with out quality breeding there would be nothing but mutts not everyone wants a pound mutt or rescue dog my family has been breeding dogs for generations The only dogs we give to rescues are the ones that have issues We are talking temperament and health .don't meet our standards There are low life breeders that give all of us a bad name Skateshopboy we are not all puppy mills and neckbeards Bro

There certainly are lowlife breeders. And many neckbeards and puppy mills. You seem very defensive. Is there a reason for that?
Name calling, while amusing, lends nothing to your arguement either.

I have said nothing negative about you, your family or your dog breeding and you immediately resort to assuming political affiliation and name calling.

As a grown man, I chose to leave that type of behavior in the school yard.

I would be more than happy to have a discussion about buying versus adoption If you would like to.

Back
Top Bottom