• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of you guys "running" a dashcam?

Not too bad, camera is inside the minivan, against the rear glass, ran wire along the floorboards, up the trim. Half a day to install, but a good way to spend a rainy afternoon. If you have a truck or sedan, it is even easier, shorter distance .
I turn the microphones off on my cameras, but can turn them on manually when needed.
PS rear camera does not have to be wired for the front to work either. Install one, do rear later .

Things to consider when getting your dashcam. 1- G-force sensor to save video automatically. 2 - Many units include audio recording - whether that is good or bad is up to you. 3 - Night recording, many cams have IR emitters to enhance night recording. 4 - Do you have to buy a SD card or is it included? 5 - Battery or capacitor - depending upon use.

Just curious. Does anyone remember the issues with cameras made in China with back door access? These were in cell phones, home security, etc. I believe the ones involved were wireless & wi-fi/Bluetooth capable. I wonder if any of these have the same unauthorized access worked in. I want a dah cam but if it’s made in china I’m staying away.

I have had this one for a couple years after the good reviews it got. No complaints.
Screenshot_20190225-191809_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Just curious. Does anyone remember the issues with cameras made in China with back door access? These were in cell phones, home security, etc. I believe the ones involved were wireless & wi-fi/Bluetooth capable. I wonder if any of these have the same unauthorized access worked in. I want a dah cam but if it’s made in china I’m staying away.
I think they are all made in China. The ones that are wifi/bluetooth that work with your cellphone apps, to me are not secure because they want to use too many permissions on your phone. The apps for the cameras have access to your entire phone. I don't use the wifi on mine. Simple enough to take card out and look at on computer.

Back
Top Bottom