• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody else carry "decoy" wallet or/and phone for Robbers

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
362   0
Reaction score
Call me paranoid, but whenever I go to Atl, or out of town, I carry 2 wallets and 2 phones, two of each my essentials, the extra, decoys to be handed over gleefully to any would be robbers. Laugh if you want, and I'll do the same when you are trying to contact all those credit card companies, the insurance, the driver license folks, etc., etc. Then as you worry about the info on your $600 smartphone, their access to your online bill pay, bank account, etc., etc.
So, is it that paranoid to try to circumvent all that worry and angst, or it is kinda like wearing a bulletproof vest when serving a warrant, or having a fire extinguisher, in case of a fire, or insurance in case of a wreck, or, so many other safeguards we all take so often they are not even noticed???
In my case, retired, I don't need the "decoys" very often as I stay the hell outta ATL. unless I have to go into the eye of the crime storm.
And of course there is the EDC weapon, it is always eager to be deployed and used if the situation warrants, but in the case where a thug gets the drop on you and has a gun to your or a companions noggin, what you gonna do, hand it all over of course.
Like A said call me paranoid but I watch the news that pukes outta my TV daily and the number of killings and robberies in Atl., just overnight, remind me that I am just adding a layer of what if, so I won't be the one wringing my hands about all the stuff I just lost to a punk that isn't old enough to shave.
paranoid.gif

Lol you've obviously never seen a real mugging

They dont ask you for anything, they just go through your pockets (9 out of 10 times its after they already cold clocked you or have a gun in your face)

Not a bad idea but practically it's something more to carry that won't get used

I have seen, worked/applied first aid to mugging victims, decoyed as a victim, all during my tenure as LEO/First responder, many times, they were just less violent (in the 70's) than todays thugs. but like the fire extinguisher at the house, if the fire is out of hand, it won't help. Its just that 70% of the times it could help that makes having it worthwhile. And, the real wallet and phone are safely hidden near my junkyard in the smartcarry holster with a Pistol.
4F7F7D12-FC02-4A02-9562-20BEC4E13270 (3).jpg
4F7F7D12-FC02-4A02-9562-20BEC4E13270 (4).jpg

I have seen, worked/applied first aid to mugging victims, decoyed as a victim, all during my tenure as LEO/First responder, many times, they were just less violent (in the 70's) than todays thugs. but like the fire extinguisher at the house, if the fire is out of hand, it won't help. Its just that 70% of the times it could help that makes having it worthwhile. And, the real wallet and phone are safely hidden near my junkyard in the smartcarry holster with a Pistol.
View attachment 1985878 View attachment 1985879

That's nice...so when you buy groceries or whatever, you have to stuff your hand down your pants and grab your junk to get out your wallet? :twitch:

That's nice...so when you buy groceries or whatever, you have to stuff your hand down your pants and grab your junk to get out your wallet? :twitch:
, what th hay an excuse to have hand in pants, in case its necessary, scratch, fap, whatever. And I don't use the "decoys" going shopping for groceries, and we haven't ever had a mugging at my local Kroger.

My current project is in the heart of downtown ATL. We have a ton of homeless and crackheads, but generally they leave you alone if you have situational awareness. They prey on the people that look lost, confused or out of place. We tell people that are coming in for site orientation to not interact with them.

Edit: And no I don't carry a decoy phone, wallet, or personal items.

Back
Top Bottom