• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else “Down Size”

We are going to move, the area we live in is exploding and we don’t want to be crowded.
Anyway we put an offer out on a much smaller home (1/3 smaller), more land, not any real chance of encroachment. At least not anytime before we expire.
My question has any of y’all down sized this much and would you do it again?

I'd much rather have less heated and cooled sqft in favor of more shop/storage/garage/barn/land space. My wife on the other hand, disagrees with that statement. So, we end up with both.

Congrats on the move. I hope you love it where you are going.

We are going from 3000’ to 1140’ but we have a 30x40 shop and at least 1500’ undeveloped second story.
Wife is Uber stressed about losing her “collections” I’m worried about losing my shop.
Im 62 next month, wife is already disabled. And we will walk away with no debt and extra money to add a few buildings.

We are going from 3000’ to 1140’ but we have a 30x40 shop and at least 1500’ undeveloped second story.
Wife is Uber stressed about losing her “collections” I’m worried about losing my shop.
Im 62 next month, wife is already disabled. And we will walk away with no debt and extra money to add a few buildings.

Sounds like a win to me.

I'd much rather have less heated and cooled sqft in favor of more shop/storage/garage/barn/land space. My wife on the other hand, disagrees with that statement. So, we end up with both.

Congrats on the move. I hope you love it where you are going.
The future heating and A/C is a major concern of mine. I have some health issues that don’t let me get too much insurance. (Diabetic slightly high BP)
Trying to set my wife up so that if something happens to me she will be fine.

I went from 2200 to 1250 Sq ft its not bad but I will likely be going back up to around 1600-2k Sq ft I think that the sweet spot for us.
We are looking at a 32” building for myself, to go with the 32x24 the property has now. And I’ve promised my with a rear deck, and a “she shed” in the back yard. LOL

Back
Top Bottom